MPPT solar charge controller with malfunctioning system

Options
How can I fix the malfunction in my solar charge controller system...It just says mppt connecting..and the error indicator is always on but it doesnt indicate what is the problem..Thank you in advance

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the forum @ginapie1081

Without knowing what the controller is, along with the details regarding the array arrangement it's next to impossible to offer any help. Provide as much information as possible, this will help all in providing some insight into what is going wrong.

This will involve controller specifications, PV module  specifications and how the modules are arranged, also include battery nominal voltage and settings  along wit battery chemistry.

Think of it as telling  a doctor I'm sick, what's wrong, he/she will begin with asking questions, the more detailed the answers, the easier it is to diagnose.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....It just says mppt connecting..and the error indicator is always on but it doesnt indicate what is the problem...
    Some MPPT controllers are pretty simple and require connecting to the battery first (Like most PWM) to establish the system voltage. If connected to the solar panel/array first it may set the voltage too high.

Also worth checking to see that you are hooking up the panels within the controllers spec's. This would be information we would want to know as well.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.