Schneider Energy Monitor

faccnator
faccnator Registered Users Posts: 35 ✭✭
Why does it look like this?

Comments

• faccnator
    Solar is bringing in 347W, battery is bringing 158W,
    and the load is 74W. Never shows the battery being charged from Solar. Any ideas?
  • faccnator
    Also the MPPT is in float and the battery monitor is showing 82% charge. What am I doing wrong?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a new install? You may have the shunt miswired. Is the sun out as the input voltage is too low?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• faccnator
    Also the MPPT is in float and the battery monitor is showing 82% charge. What am I doing wrong?
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    faccnator said:
    Listen to Dave. His time in solar harkens back to B.C. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • faccnator
    I’ve looked at the shunt 100 times and I swear I have it wired the correct direction but I’m going to swap the leads for good measure. I’ll report back
  • faccnator
    Now the flow is backwards 

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the DC input to the MPPT so low 53.3V, this should be somewhere closer to 100V,  battery 51.2V float? float should be ~54V,.assuming 48V nominallead acid.
    How are panels configured and what are the specs?
    What are the settings for th MPPT? 
    What battery type is in use?
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • faccnator
    McGivor, that was at dusk. This is now at night. With the swapped shunt leads. This is even more wrong.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    faccnator said:
    McGivor, that was at dusk. This is now at night. With the swapped shunt leads. This is even more wrong.

That would make sense being evening didn't notice the time on the screen shot first time, but those are indeed some strange numbers on the graphics, appears the shunt is either not calibrated correctly or faulty. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be sure... are there any negative wires other than the shunt to battery wire on the battery side of the shunt (eg. DC loads, meters, other inverters)?

How/where is the system grounded?
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • faccnator
    This morning. Rewired the shunt. Check the negative wires. Why doesn’t the battery monitor know when the mppt is charging?
  • faccnator

Just thought I would follow up. I had the solar charge controller wired to the wrong side of the shunt. Everything has been working great for a week now! Thanks for all the help everyone!