For Sale Thread

Comments

• joelfz57
    joelfz57 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Used Absolyte iiP batteries available.

Greetings,

I recently purchased some phone systems from GSA which included 8 Absolyte iiP battery packs. Two i have checked have current but i cant read a meter. I found a discussion thread about reusing these for a solar installation but i cant find it again. Is 250 per pack a reasonable price for them as still having some life? thanks for any assistance.

joel zeller
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,422 admin
    Re: Used Absolyte iiP batteries available.

First--Get a decent Digital Volt meter and measure the resting voltage of each battery/cell. If they are less than ~75% state of charge (~12.4 volts for room temperature 12 volt batteries)--You need to get them on a charger.

If they are less than 12.0 volts and have been sitting for months--They may be questionable. And if less than 11.5 volts--probably not very usable.

For the batteries that test out good--You need to get them on a charger. And recharge them ~once per month (for ~24 hours--depending on size and type of charger) minimum.

In general, unless you know a lot about the battery history and know them to be good--Paying much more than local battery scrap prices is a bit of gamble.

Also--Look up the exact battery brand/model on the web. Find out if they are designed for cycling or float/backup/ups use... Batteries designed for float service, in general, may not be a good candidate for daily cycling as used in an off grid solar power system.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joelfz57 wrote: »
    ... included 8 Absolyte iiP battery packs. Two i have checked have current but i cant read a meter. I found a discussion thread about reusing these for a solar installation but i cant find it again. Is 250 per pack a reasonable price for them...

Depending on size that might be cheap, Price for lead acid batteries as scrap is around 30 cents a pound, If you have problems moving them, you might even be able to get a large battery shop to come out and pick them up for that quantity.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • pechan
    pechan Solar Expert Posts: 92 ✭✭

For sale 4/0 battery Jumpers ~21" long with Cast Copper lugs.
    Made by Trojan. New in Box! Heat Shrink covering lugs.

I have 9 for sale for 7.00 each or 50.00 for all.

Buyer pays shipping.

2jbmyye.jpg
  • GreenPowerManiac
    GreenPowerManiac Solar Expert Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Re: For Sale Thread

GEOTHERMAL EQUIPMENT LOOP FIELD KIT OBO 30% Fed Tax Credit - $5999

Be ready for another BRUTAL Winter, Go Geothermal ! No more fossil fuels to pay for.
    Form 5695 IRS form will grant you 30% 1 to 1 Federal tax credit on purchase of equipment and setup. That's $1800 savings from this purchase redeemable on your tax return !

1) 4500 Lineal feet of 3/4" DR-11 Geothermal loop lines. ID .825/OD 1.050, 160 PSI rated.
    A) 5 - Rolls of 3/4" lines (510' long, 255' down/255' up) with 180 degree U turn couplings already
    fused to lines. Can be cut off.
    B) 3 - Rolls of 3/4" Slinky lines ((800' long each) for slinky horizontal loops)
    C) Small box of 3/4" connectors for DR-11 pipes like shown.

2) 75 gallons of Cryo-Tek Coolant Brine for a Closed loop Antifreeze system. Fill with distilled water
    50/50 mixture.

3) Circulator Pump Flow Center: Model# 2-230QFC-M Pump# 26-116F
    Draw is 1.75 amps. Email for Head pressure ratings or Google pump# for PDF file specs.

4) Concrete Drill (Brand New) water cooling with 3 - 18" bits: 4", 2.5" & 1.75"

5) Socket Fusion heat gun (Brand New) with 3/4" & 1-1/4" Dies. Only usable on Geothermal lines.

6) Air Pressure Test Valve with air gauge: Pressure testing lines for leaks before bury lines to ensure
    pressure tight system.
    Everything is NEW. Intended to dig horizontal loop field and changed my mind.
    Can Email pictures...
    Nature's Design & Green Energy on FaceBook : Stop by and "Like" us anytime.. Many up-to-date articles about Renewables every day.
    WWW.GreenAnything.Net    Ad free website.
    Lots of DIY Renewable Energy Projects on ETSY : Solar Panel builds, Wind Turbine builds, Rain Barrel build,etc.  
  • BB.

Double check the Fed Tax Credit--Not sure it applies to non-retail purchases.

Also, may be an issue for GPM if he took the tax credit himself (cannot take credit twice on same equipment usually).

-Bill "not an account" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • GreenPowerManiac
    GreenPowerManiac Solar Expert Posts: 453 ✭✭✭

Yea, there's a gray area on the 5695 form that says it should be installed, yet it's part of an entire system install. Bought the stuff this year so I've not claimed anything as a tax credit. If it sells, won't claim the rebate. Not to say the IRS is fussy about what you claim, however, have been claiming all kinds of equipment over the last 5 years with no hitches. I've got the systems to justify installs, whether my own or contractor. Point taken. J.
    Nature's Design & Green Energy on FaceBook : Stop by and "Like" us anytime.. Many up-to-date articles about Renewables every day.
    WWW.GreenAnything.Net    Ad free website.
    Lots of DIY Renewable Energy Projects on ETSY : Solar Panel builds, Wind Turbine builds, Rain Barrel build,etc.  
  • offthegrid
    offthegrid Registered Users Posts: 6
    Batteries For Sale

Attachment not found.

Batteries For Sale
    I Have 24 Exide GNB Absolyte GP 2v cell batteries for sale. They are NEW and my plans fell through with getting a chance to use them as I’m getting sent back overseas for work. I got a good discount on them through my work and just want to make some of my money back. So for each 12v block/ 6-2v 472ah cells I am asking only $2,100. But if you get the whole lot of 4-12v blocks (24- 2v 472ah cells) I will let them go for $8,350. This awesome deal is 30% off retail. These batteries are NEW in condition. This is a last minute decision and don’t want these great batteries to go to waste just sitting. This deal won’t last long so contact me by email today: [email protected]. Thank you for looking and I hope to hear from you soon
    Here is some info. on these batteries.
    Absolyte is one of the world’s best selling large valve regulated lead acid (VRLA) battery brands.
    • GNB is an industry innovator of large format 2V VRLA systems with field proven experience since 1983.
    • Absolyte GP is qualified to stack horizontally up to eight high for use in 1997 UBC/2001 CBC Seismic
    Zone IV (at or below grade).
    • UL Recognized, ISO 9001:2000, Designed to meet Telcordia SR-4228
    • NEBS Level 3 Certified in certain configurations.
    • Post seal design incorporates a non-corrosive polypropylene-to-polypropylene bond between the terminal post sleeve and the cell cover.
    • Highly sensitive helium leak detection system ensures the quality of the seals by detecting leaks up to 1000 times smaller than the eye can see before the product is ever released to the field.
    • One of the most sophisticated and reliable post seals in the industry.
    • Environmentally friendly positive grid alloy provides reduced hazardous material content* and allows
    global recycling.
    • Patented Lead-Calcium-Tin-Silver positive grid alloy provides long life in both float and cycling applications as well as outstanding recovery from deep discharges.
    • Modular steel trays are designed for easy installation and balanced thermal management.
    • Absorbed glass mat (AGM) separators provide efficient operation resulting in the highest oxygen recombination efficiency (>99%).
    • Low resistance separator allows for improved high rate discharge performance.
    • Flame retardant transparent module cover.
    • Post Access Optimized for ease of maintenance and battery health assessment.
    Perfect batteries for virtually any application, including
    • Telecommunications
    • Uninterruptible power systems
    • Switchgear and control
    • Photovoltaics
    • Marine
    • Alternative energy systems (solar, wind, hydro, etc)
  • BB.
    Re: Batteries For Sale

Assuming that somebody may want to pick up the batteries, where are they located?

-Bill
  • offthegrid

Sacremento, CA.
  • offthegrid

Also I can deliver if your not to far like florida. :)
  • offthegrid
    Re: Measuring 4 Panels output - Is this right?
    BB. wrote: »
    Yea--Off grid/battery backed power is not cheap. If you can go with Grid Tied solar (and you have good Net Metering plans available) is almost always a better investment (as well as new/higher SEER rated HVAC system).

-Bill

Your totally not lieing! It's expensive. This is why any of my money back in this investment that I made is needed. If your interested or know anyone I will give a super deal like $1200 for 6-2v cells. I'm not sure how the ah works as far as each battery says 472ah so I'm not sure if that's 472 with the 12v or is that 472 x 6? Anyways, yea I'm a noob wanting to learn just my system is going to have to wait for a year or two. Luckily my job pays good or I would be even more sick to my stomach with the loss I'm takng. Lol. But better a little of something than a lot of nothing.
  • BB.

Generally it is AH per cell... If you have 6 cells, you will have 6x2v=12 volts-- And the AH rating will be the same for series connected cells.

If you put cells (or strings) in parallel, then the AH capacity will add.

-Bill
  • ZoNiE
    ZoNiE Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭

3 X Solyndra 200 Series 173W panels. Too big for my project, don't need. Please PM Best offer. They are in Phoenix.
  • offthegrid
    Assuming that somebody may want to pick up the batteries, where are they located?

-Bill

Sacramento, CA.
  • offthegrid
    Generally it is AH per cell... If you have 6 cells, you will have 6x2v=12 volts-- And the AH rating will be the same for series connected cells.

If you put cells (or strings) in parallel, then the AH capacity will add.

-Bill

Thanks. It makes sense now. Appreciate the knowledge.
  • ZoNiE
    ZoNiE Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭
    200mm (8 inch) silicon wafers for sale

150 boxes of 200mm (8-inch) Silicon wafers with various films, mostly thermal oxide, but some may be PETEOS, BPSG, USG, Tungsten or Copper.
    Wafers are double stacked 50 per box.
    Approx 7500 wafers.

Anyone in the solar cell biz that buys used test wafers please make an offer. can get more.
  • pechan
    pechan wrote: »
    For sale 4/0 battery Jumpers ~21" long with Cast Copper lugs.
    Made by Trojan. New in Box! Heat Shrink covering lugs.

I have 9 for sale for 7.00 each or 50.00 for all.

Buyer pays shipping.

2jbmyye.jpg

Update I have 36 total Jumpers 6 like the picture and 30 blue/ Red all 4/0 with lugs. Factory Made. Make OFFER
  • JAS33
    JAS33 Registered Users Posts: 5

Do your blue/red cables have blue heat shrink on one end and red on the other? Or are they a mix of some all blue and some all red? Thanks.
  • pellechio
    pellechio Registered Users Posts: 2
    pechan wrote: »
    Update I have 36 total Jumpers 6 like the picture and 30 blue/ Red all 4/0 with lugs. Factory Made. Make OFFER

Do you have 14 available. I can offer 95$
  • pechan
    JAS33 wrote: »
    Do your blue/red cables have blue heat shrink on one end and red on the other? Or are they a mix of some all blue and some all red? Thanks.

The wire insulation is red and blue, the heat shrink over the lug crimps is white.
    pellechio wrote: »
    Do you have 14 available. I can offer 95$

Pelle I will do that deal if you pay the shipping, flat rate box might be the best method.
  • pellechio
    pellechio Registered Users Posts: 2

ok. Will you take paypal or do I need to send a check
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

talking over particulars were supposed to be done via pm.
  • audihenry
    audihenry Registered Users Posts: 2
    For sale: Ametek 30 vdc pm motor

Hey guys,

I didn't see a classified section so I put it here. I have a rare 30 volt Ametek which many people use for wind power due to its low RPMs without gearing. I'm asking $130 and free ship in COTUS. PM me or email me through the private message if interested. You can pick it up, too, but I'm in CA.

Thanks!
  • BB.
    Re: For sale: Ametek 30 vdc pm motor

Welcome to the forum Henry,

I have moved your post to the For Sale thread.

And I am guessing you are in Southern California (possibly in Los Angeles area) instead of Canada...

-Bill
  • audihenry
    audihenry Registered Users Posts: 2
    Welcome to the forum Henry,

I have moved your post to the For Sale thread.

And I am guessing you are in Southern California (possibly in Los Angeles area) instead of Canada...

-Bill

Thanks Bill, that is correct!
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

BB delete after downloading if it helps .

Metric size to Gage .

VT

lets hope this works , & I attached correctly, couldn't see a PM & attachment
  • TimE
    TimE Registered Users Posts: 1
    For Sale: Sunfrost RF-16, 24V DC

For Sale: Sunfrost Refrigerator RF-16, 24 Volts DC - $1200
    This fridge is in good working order, has been in continuous use for about 15 years. My family has grown and I have replaced it with a larger fridge.There are a few places in the interior that show some wear, small chips out of the edges of the glass shelves (nothing dangerous). The latches and seals have been replaced. I am happy to ship it via freight or it can be picked up 50 miles north of Asheville, NC. It is at a friend's business with loading dock. Send email if you want to see photos or more information.
  • kansas
    kansas Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Re: For Sale: Sunfrost RF-16, 24V DC

I found a broken carton containing four Sensus Watthour meters on the road in front of my farm. They appear to be the type of meters that would belong to a utility company and install on the outside of a building. I have four of them, two of which appear to be in perfect condition, the other two damaged. They are marked Benton Utilities, but I have called every Benton Utilities on the net and no one claims them or wants them back. I posted this thread on the Solar Beginners forum and others have provided more information about the meters.

They are marked CL200 240V 3W 1Kh FM2S 60Hz. iCon MXU Model 530-E

I would like to get rid of them. If they have value to you, let me know and we'll work something out. Thanks
    Two 140 watt Kyocera panels, wired in parallel; Ironridge top of pole mount; two 6 volt, 242 AH US batteries, wired in series; Morningstar ProStar 30 charge controller and SureSine 300 inverter; Trimetric 2025-A meter; IOTA DLS-45 charger, Honda EG3500X generator; Aermotor 702 water pumping windmill.
  • gww1
    gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭