Show me your Power Center

DavidOH
DavidOH Solar Expert Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
I am ready to set up my power center where everything comes together. Solar shut off, AC breaker box, DC fuse box, and power distribution.  Show me your Power Center.  Thanks all !

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time for a new photo, but this is when I was setting up in 2012. Solar arrays come in from behind into the Midnite E-Panel. 2 and later 3 charge controllers on the right. Inverter Prosine 1800, later with an Exeltech 1100 above it for yard work, and now a Magnum 4024 above. Lower right a 12x12 filter to allow air intake and a fan installed in the upper left to exhaust heat. Forklift battery in small enclosure to the right of the Power center.

Wiring for the E-Panel;

My earlier 2004 build, I used scraps to build a battery box and power center cantilevered off the other side. The nearly 4x4 battery box was setup to hold up to 8 L16 batteries with space. I originally had 4 golf cart batteries and later a small forklift battery.

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my grid tie setup. First the breaker box with solar meter and AC disconnect required by code at the breaker panel.

Next is the inverters with the DC disconnect and the AC combiner, rewired with hard conduit.

And the panels

• wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    My system came Assembled , AIO , its very small and I’m sure I could not of pulled anything thing like this off by my self . 
       The battery box is next store to the rite in the garage .
    Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not show the battery bank.
    new xw6848 on the midnight wire box.
    new xw60-150 MPPT
    old reliable midnight classic 200 w/cover open for more air flow
      and a cooling fan for the whole setup on the floor.
    When swapping out the old (still going strong) xw6048,
    there was very little dust and crud on the fan filters.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    solar_dave   Are you in Phoenix ?

• DavidOH
    boB said:

No, DavidOH is in OH. 
  • DavidOH
    I'm still sorting this out.
    I'm thinking I need a breaker to the inverter for auto-shut off, and a low voltage disconnect just before the DC fuse box.

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    boB said:

Well a suburb of Phoenix.
  • rgk1
    rgk1 Solar Expert Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

4-Risen 320 watt in series/parallel, 8-215ah 6 volt GC2 batteries in series, Exeltech 1100 watt/48 volt inverter, Tristar 45 MPPT controller.
  • ramloui
    ramloui Solar Expert Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Already 9 years! And still the same set of FLA, thanks to this forum and the valuable advice.
    Cheers!
    Off-grid cabin in northern Quebec: 6 x 250 W Conergy panels, FM80, 4 x 6V CR430 in series (24V nominal), Magnum MS4024-PAE