Question about UPS

Dave Angelini
Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
This warning on the store site, what does it mean please?

"Until further notice, UPS has suspended the service guarantee (also known as the UPS money back guarantee) for ALL shipments from ANY origin to ANY destination. We cannot guarantee the delivery of your shipment based on the traditional shipping time frames."

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭
    All bets are off for delivery time frames. No refunds on overnight service that takes two days - etc. You'll get your stuff when they get a round tuit. Don't like it? Stuff it. I think that is what they are conveying. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This warning on the store site, what does it mean please?
    It means, you roll the dice and take your chances...
    or
    ...just pronounce our name "o͝ops"
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited August 2020 #4
    I would like to hear from the store here as I send them business. Can you help Bill when time permits please.

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Dave, I can give you many real-life examples of this. Yes, all bets are off regarding time frames. They will accept your overnight shipment, but when it doesn't get there you will be referred to the fine print, which is there. I have horror stories involving thousands of dollars.
    THEN, look at new weight classifications! Previously, 70.0 lbs. was the breakpoint for "overweight." Now it is 50 lbs. We switched to FedEx Ground because of this - then they followed UPS.
    Now FedEx has announced new, larger surcharges as of October 1st. The cost of sending a 66 lb. non-hazmat battery from California to Texas will be $86.00 instead of $ 34.00. I will bet that UPS follows right behind.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • Dave Angelini
    I don't care about the time frame, I just care about the product being covered if it does not get there. The way it is worded here is different from my suppliers. Thanks to all.

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    I have dropped a message to NAWS this evening. Hopefully will hear from them tomorrow.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Thanks Bill !

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antifa is waiting for UPS to drop packages on doorsteps.   Or to inspect the delivery van for federal agents !!!
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    I just got this reply from Rick at NAWS:
    Hi Bill,
    This is all due to the COVID situation. It’s having an impact on delivery times with all carriers right now. Basically, the time frame is what cannot be guaranteed. However, the shipments will still arrive. It just may not arrive in the regular amount of time 
    Thanks!

-Bill

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Thanks Bill,