LEDs out

ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
My KID controller isnt showing any LEDs lit. But the unit is functioning normally. Anyone know about this issue?

Comments

• ws9876
    The top one has always ben lit before..
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Other than, 1) disconnect solar array (or do work at night), and 2) disconnect and reconnect to the DC battery bus (or flip breaker, if equipped) to reset the controller.

If it does not work, and/or you need further information (depending on replies here), you can also go to the Midnite Forum (started by Midnite, but now run by Midnite users):

http://midniteftp.com/forum/

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    Always try a reboot when electronics are acting fishy. This issue gets worse every year. Bites tongue clean off...
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd certainly ask at the Midnite forum.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • ws9876
    I fixed it with a firmware update and a reboot.
  • mathias
    mathias Registered Users Posts: 31 ✭✭
    The first green led from top indicates a full charge in the last seven days.
    After 7 days it will go off and orange one will come on.
    If you reset the kid, the first green led won't light before a full charge (get to float).
    Hope it helps.

Mat