Schneider Combox Anomalies

mcgivor
mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Got my Combox up and running, albeit with a few problems which were overcome, one thing soon became obvious was when there is no PV input the real time graphic shows energy going into the battery in direct proportion to what the inverter itself uses ~33W, this is with no loads on the inverter itself, just running, loads are supported by a separate system via an auto transfer switch. This is reflected in the logs overnight as a charging source, not a big deal in the big picture but seems strange.

The second is rather a question than an anomaly, what is the purpose of the Combox dry contact? I was hoping it would be possible to program it to be useful in control, voltage, current, PV input and so forth, but the manual is pretty vague and software shows no such options, that I can see at least.

Any insight? 
1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reading the  appendixs of the gear manuals (not the combox manual) will give you the various functions and adjustments for them, then you have to find the sections of the combox that control those functions.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @mike95490 Thanks for the suggestion, I've scoured the manuals and found nothing relating to inverter self consumption being transposed as a charging value. My suspicion is that a battery monitor would more accurately reflect what is actually happening, without information of sensors even the most accurate device will give eronious results. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never tried the Calibration on a CSW and do not really know if it is there for this. A XW definitely has calibration of power and many other variables. I just did one last week.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net