Conext XW 5548 Low Battery Cutout

sikmusicfreak8
sikmusicfreak8 Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭
Good morning,

This is my first post here.  I have been searching for some time for an answer that I cannot find:

Quick overview of my setup is (9) 310w REC panels, Conext 60/150 charge controller, Conext ComBox, and Conext XW 5548.  My battery bank is (35) Nissan Leaf Gen2 modules running in 14s.  

So my issue is that I need to adjust my Low Battery Cutout to 45v, but the XW will not allow me to alter the parameter higher nor lower than 42v.  The book says the default is 46v, and the range is 40v-48v, but it will not allow to me to make any changes.

Any ideas here?  Everything else has been great, no issues.  

Thank you, I appreciate any help.

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about the XW, but some such devices have a password protected admin/installer mode to prevent naive users from making potentially bad settings.  In user mode, some settings may be read only.

Just a guess though.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018 #3
    When you make the changes in the combox, are you clicking the "write to floppy disk" icon to save the changes ?

Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• sikmusicfreak8
    I appreciate the replies, I wish a rookie mistake was my issue...

When I try to save the new value, it says "The value cannot be changed" in red.

Its odd because the book says default is 46v, but mine is at 42v...
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In the manual is there any mention of custom settings, with the SCP there are, an installer will program these but block the user, or customer so as to prevent them from changing critical setpoints.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • sikmusicfreak8
    I am the admin for the system, and the installer.  All settings will alter, the exception of the low battery cutout.

Since I am using Nissan Leaf modules, all settings are for a custom battery.  All settings are being programmed with the Combox.
  • solardad
    solardad Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @sikmusicfreak8
    were you able to address this issue? I have a similar setup but with Volt batteries and are weighing either this unit or an Outback. Being able to set and manage these values would be critical. 
  • sikmusicfreak8
    I have yet to figure it out. Tech support emailed me and asked what my current settings were, then never replied again.

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it definitely is adjustable as you can see the adjustment range in the specs.
    Some suggestions to try.
    power down everything. make sure the DC bus is off for 10 seconds. no wall warts powering xanbus thru combox
    make sure firmware is up to date.
    Call support with your # and get them to troubleshoot.

The last thing I would say, is the first thing I would have done because I have an SCP in my tool bag. Ask support to lend you one or buy one. If this is for offgrid you should have one anyway.

I use all 3 and they each have their value to me, but I do systems all over the place. An SCP, combox, and the config tool.

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• sikmusicfreak8
    I shouldn't need an SCP if the ComBox can configure everything.  Firmware is up to date, that was the first thing I did when commissioning the system.  

Its strange that the LBCO is the only setting that will not alter, I don't have any issues with any other parameter.
  • waynec
    waynec Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
    If you have not already done so you may have to put the inverter in standby to make a change. Refer to posting title Schneider sw 4048 started by latinhawk post #2.  
  • sikmusicfreak8
    ^^^^ There is something I have not tried.  Will do in the morning.

• sikmusicfreak8
    edited December 2018 #13
    Well, problem solved.  Even though the first thing I did was update the firmware when I powered on the XW, I suppose I should have manually done a "FACTORY RESET" right after.  I am now able to adjust my LBCO.

Thank you all who chimed in to help, I appreciate it.