Honda Generator

Easton
Easton Registered Users Posts: 1
Honda EU6500is invertor runs great but governor doesn’t .Was told the governor on carb is controlled by invertor .No increase RPMs under load. Any ideas? 

Comments

• mcnutt13579
    mcnutt13579 Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    It could be the little motor that drives the throttle shaft esp. if it has lots of hours but troubleshooting these is just throwing parts at it, $$$$$
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

If you can get to the connectors on that throttle control motor,   you might trying to remove and reseat it/them.   Also inspect the wires to that motor. There could be some abrasion,   or Rodent nibbles on the cable.

Just guessing,   good luck,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018 #4
    Does that model have a ECO switch ? Have you been able to get the unit to stall by overloading it?

ADD:
    When was the last time you serviced/replaced the tiny in-line filter?
    See the Owners Manual for location...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea there is an ECO on it. same symptoms???  I am going to guess that the OP runs gasoline?
    We mod these great gensets for propane use. Zero problems until the engine wears out.

Lot's of good suggestions :)
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Porschephanatic
    Porschephanatic Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Vic said:

" or Rodent nibbles on the cable."

Just guessing,   good luck,   Vic

That happened to one of mine. 
  • Porschephanatic
    Porschephanatic Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Why do mice enjoy chewing 25 yr old wire insulation?  :s 
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Had mice chew through an ignition coil wire on a Honda pump.  Gotten into my Honda push mower.  Now all power equipment stored has a 1x2 framed box withg 1/4 inch mesh stapled to it.  No varmints can get in.  Pump, mower, generator.  Of course, the push mower needs the handle collapsed to fit in the box.  The only thing safe is the Husky chainsaw...no places large enough to crawl in, and not the cavity spaces for nesting sites.

Ralph
  • jonr
    jonr Solar Expert Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018 #9
    If you can get a volt meter (or oscilloscope) on the throttle terminals, you should see something when you switch between Eco and non Eco mode.   But it might well be a stepper motor, so it might be brief.    This would indicate if it's an upstream signal problem or a throttle/governor problem.

I am available for custom hardware/firmware development