Why does UAV be safety enough for Solar Panel Farms inspection?

kimixiong522
kimixiong522 Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 ✭✭
1.Precision GPS positioning
One-button automatic inspection 
 Flying back automatically once losing signal or lack of power
4.Hovering automatically and stability
Exit task casually,one button return to home

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    KiMiXiong,

You need to actually engage in conversations here... Not just a bullet list for your company's drones...

-Bill "moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Flying back automatically once losing signal or lack of power

Tell me how it flies back with lack of power ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• kimixiong522
    BB. said:
    KiMiXiong,

You need to actually engage in conversations here... Not just a bullet list for your company's drones...

-Bill "moderator" B.
    hello BB. 
    Thank you for your advice.
    I am 
    here not to advertise, I just want to share some useful things for everyone.
  • kimixiong522
    mike95490 said:

Hi mike95490:
    It is not completely powerless, it will set a low battery reminder to the drone. When the power value is lower than the set value, the unmanned machine will automatically return. 
    If you want to know more, you can contact me   
    email : kimixiong522@gmail.com
  • bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    mike95490 said:

Useless tidbit of the day - I have a patent on a method of doing just that.  Turns out that if you lose power at a high enough altitude, you can retain control of the drone by allowing the props to freewheel, then braking them selectively to maintain attitude control.  That also gives you a little bit of control over trajectory, so you can select a safe area to head towards (i.e. a tree rather than a crowd of people.)  That act of braking also returns power to the battery (it's effectively regen braking) and that gives you a small amount of energy back to the battery.  Depending on altitude, that can be enough to go to normal flight mode for a few seconds before impact (or landing, if you want to be optimistic.)
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar to Autorotation in a helicopter to soften the impact of hitting the ground after losing power.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.