Need Replacement Invert Advice.

Options
solorone
solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
OK, question for serious folks off grid .What is the better inverter in the 1500 to 2000 watt range with battery charging. Midnight, Magnum, Outback Xantrax . Had a customer email today, lighting got her unit. I sold and installed her a setup 25 years ago. She needs to pump water, I am sure pump is 1/2 horse. original setup was with the famous Trace DR 1500, a real work horse, then a Xantrax. Cheers 

Comments

• petertearai
    petertearai Solar Expert Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kind of you get what you pay for . I have the outback fxr  happy with it . I like the way it slowly ramps up when charging .You do however need a mate to change its many parameters, however once programmed it can have the mate removed .
    2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One would be inclined to answer replace with the same brand, 25 years service is impressive, but there are more players in the market with a solid reputation, brand loyalty may influence answers to some degree, the higher end units are probably all good so it would come down to features, warranty and price, I would think.  
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • MrM1
    MrM1 Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018 #4
    Options
    Was Schneider left out on purpose or just not available?
    REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2.6kW-STC / 1.9kW-NMOT Array / MN Solar Classic 150 / 2017 Conext SW 4024 Inverter latest firmware / OB PSX-240 Autotransfomer for load balancing / Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S connected to Inverter with 7' of 4/0 cable / 24 volt system / Grid-Assist or Backup Solar Generator System Powering 3200Whs Daily / System went Online Oct 2017 / System, Pics and Discussion