DC breakers

ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
a search on the web for DC din rail breakers always brings up Midnite Solar units for 22 bucks. Is anyone else making DC breakers anywhere in the US that are cheaper..??

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midnite Solar breakers are competitively priced. 
     You can also look up Square D QUO breakers they have Din rail mounting and are rated for up to 48 volt systems. That being said They aren't recommended for higher voltage PV strings.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018 #3
    ws9876 said:
    a search on the web for DC din rail breakers always brings up Midnite Solar units for 22 bucks. Is anyone else making DC breakers anywhere in the US that are cheaper..??
    Did you check our sponsors site? They run $11 and change for new Midnite Din rail breakers, up to 90 amps I think (use to be 63). Here's a link to a 15 amp breaker,most popular for combiner boxes. Northern Arizona Wind and Sun has some of the best prices for Midnite equipment you will find anywhere!

https://www.solar-electric.com/midnite-solar-mnepv-15-amps-circuit-breaker.html

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The above link was for an AC breaker here are DC offerings https://www.solar-electric.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dc+circuit+breaker+ 

1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcgivor said:
    The above link was for an AC breaker here are DC offerings https://www.solar-electric.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dc+circuit+breaker+ 
    Thanks, I corrected it. Good catch!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.