Solar inverter MUST brand from china

robocoprobocop Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi

Anybody knows about this company  or other chinese  inverters manufacturers. MUST offers only one year warranty.

But the price are fair I think

Plse let me know

Comments

• mcgivormcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brand is quite common in Asia and see them in stores here but haven't tried one, if the price is right try one out, you might be pleasantly surprised.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery bank 
    900W  3 × 300W No name brand Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah FLA 24V nominal as a backup system. 
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergencies and welding.
  • PhotowhitPhotowhit Solar Expert Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭
    Did  you check out your reply to the question you asked yesterday?

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/351675/solar-inverter-must#latest
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Prosine 1800 and Exeltech 1100, 660 ah 24v ForkLift battery. Off grid for @16 of last 17 years. Assorted other systems, and to many panels in the closet to not do more...lol
  • GsolarGsolar Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hi Robocop - we are a solar company and know of MUST in china - have been there recently-service is not existent, you will pay for every thing - we had complete shipments 5 ubits at the time blow up in the first day of test.Toget this fixed it took MUST nearly 1 year - so be carefull
    there is also e web site "suppliersblacklist.com" this will give you some idea of Chinese factories.After working there for nearly 6 years - there are not many "real" factories.They are mostly giant assembly plants - and MUST is one of them
    I am running the PH3000 from MUST..........
  • robocoprobocop Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi Gi Solar you have been there for 6 yrs?

• misuracamisuraca Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited June 1 #8
    hi i both one pv4000 it last 16 months the control board is completly corroded try to get to buy a new control board but they can not deliver one very bad service very bad
  • SaiproSaipro Solar Expert Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited June 2 #9
    I'm not happy about most of the reviews I've read here regarding MUST inverters. From personal experience, they sound mostly like hearsay. Or the people who've bothered to post are those with bad experiences. I've been using inverters for a wee bit over 20 years and began using the Must brands in 2014, starting with the PowerStar Voltron or VIL line. ALL those I have installed for clients are still alive and well, ranging from 12V 1.5kW to 48V 6kW inverters (I prefer using their kW as opposed to their kVA ratings; they generally have a power factor of 0.75 - 0.8+). I own a 24V 3kW unit and have an identical one installed for my dad. They have excellent surge ratings (300%) and I used mine with an arc welder a few times, which was pushing it to 220% of its rated power (the display is pretty accurate).

I also own the Power Star IR 48V 3kW unit (my primary inverter) and its about 4 years old too. I have installed 2 of such units for clients. They have a lower LVD than the Voltron series and are touted to be "Solar inverters" (whatever that means).

They're quite heavy as they have large copper winding transformers in them ([12V & 24V] 1kW -3kW have 1 transformer; [48V] 4kW - 6kW have 2 transformers). There are larger output capacities available but I've had no reason to install them.  For kicks, I made a 3-phase installation using 3 of them, one per phase. Neutral wiring was a headache.

As a plus, they're near indestructible and handle every type of load excellently (inductive, resistive, capacitive and whatnot mixed types). They have 8 - 9 preset charging programs for different lead acid battery types (including an EQUALIZE setting). Variable charging current (25%. 50%, 75% and 100% of max rated). Spare boards (inverting and charging boards) abound. Sturdy design with full metal body. Easy access to innards, if you feel the urge to tweak stuff (I had to do something about the fan's thermostat as I wasn't comfortable with it running at 60°C when loads are below 12% rated capacity).

Major negative is the smaller units have an idle consumption of about 100 - 110W and the bigger ones up to nearly twice this (seems proportional to the number of transformers per unit). Second is the fixed LVD.

For more info, I'd gladly answer. You could PM me
  • SaiproSaipro Solar Expert Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited June 1 #10
    Gsolar said:
    there is also e web site "suppliersblacklist.com" this will give you some idea of Chinese factories.After working there for nearly 6 years - there are not many "real" factories.They are mostly giant assembly plants - and MUST is one of them
    Well, largely true for many others but Must actually manufactures and actually has R&D departments for that purpose.

misuraca said:
    hi i both one pv4000 it last 16 months the control board is completly corroded try to get to bay a new control board but they can not dilliver one very bad service very bad
    There are numerous Must brands, many fitting into the assembly type stated by Gsolar. You should note that they manufacture for many companies (assemblers) which merely add the Must tag to their products. I got my products after doing my research. If you must stake your goat, do it on the two I had mentioned in my previous post. 4 years for a cheap inverter seems more than reasonable. I've had worse track record with Victron, Outback and Xantrex.

Be aware that electronics are known to fail right out of the factory. That's where the warranty comes in. I'm not sure of their warranty status in the States but another Chinese company which makes charge controllers, EpSolar has wowed me time and time again