Schneider Conext 6848 with AGS to Generac 0064622

I am trying to figure out how to connect the AGS to the Generac. 

Any help would be appreciated, or sources?

Off grid 48v system, 2 sets 15x255 watt panels, 2xFlexmax80 Charge Controllers, 2 sets Trojan 6v x 8 batteries, 16KW Generac with transfer switch (Grid long gone).

Thanks

/d

Comments

• t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the reason no one has answered this is because you didnt list the type of inverter  that goes with the automatic generator starter or the model of the generac

before anyone can answer, you will need to provide those things

• WaterWheel
    WaterWheel Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭✭
    He's running a Conext 6848.

I don't use auto start but looking at the 6848 manual you need Conext part # 865-1060-01 (page 1-9) which is their generator auto start box $200 ( http://www.solar-electric.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=865-1060-01+&cat=0 ) and a breaker in the PDP to run the power through

You may be able to directly trigger the generator through the AUX connections (Page 3-5 through 3- 7) by programming it to provide a few watts at 12v  when low battery voltage is detected.   

Conext XW6848 with PDP, SCP, 80/600 controller, 60/150 controller and Conext battery monitor

21 SW280 panels on Schletter ground mount

48v Rolls 6CS 27P

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also needs a device (combox or SCP) to program the settings for the AGS I think .
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Ganglefang
    Ganglefang Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I am using a Xantrex AGS and a relay.  I provide power 120v from the inverter to the Generac N1-N2 leads, through the relay.  When AGS desides to run the generator (like low battery or whatever), it opens the relay so Generac thinks the power is out.  BUT, it seems like as soon as the grid goes down, the generator starts, ignoring the inverter power on N1-N2.  I am not sure why this doesn't work, but it might be in the programming of the Generac.  Any thoughts?

On grid
    Conext XW+ 6848 Inverter SN M700xxxxx
    2x Xantrex XW 80 600 MPPT Battery Charge Regulators
    Conext COMBOX connected to the local network SN B130xxxxx
    Conext Battery Monitor
    Xantrex AGS Automatic Generator Start Control
    Generac 20KVA generator
    20x Batteries 8A4DLTP-DEKA 210Ah batteries
    24x Roof Mounted REC 255W panels

• canpandave
    canpandave Registered Users Posts: 2
    I used this and the gen works fine

• Kjones
    Kjones Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    Which wires did you use from the Xantrex AGS and what generator type did you set in the AGS?
  • drwh
    drwh Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2
    Kjones said:
    Which wires did you use from the Xantrex AGS and what generator type did you set in the AGS?
    Kjones said:
    did you solve it, which cable you used? thanks