Blocking RSS News Feeds

Windsun
Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
Some people find the RSS news feeds annoying, if you want to block them all so they don't show up in "new messages", just go to the User CP and add "RSSfeed" to your ignore user list. 8)

Comments

• TOMMYB1
    TOMMYB1 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Re: Blocking RSS News Feeds

Thanks . They do get annoying to me .
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭

What I would like to do is block the RSSfeeds threads from showing up in "New Posts" and "Today's Posts". Is that possible?
    --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

VT as a stop gap measure I now go to FORUM tab, click on RSS feeds, go to FORUM TOOLS ( right side), use MARK FORUM as READ, gonzo...

hth
    Eric

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    westbranch wrote: »
    VT as a stop gap measure I now go to FORUM tab, click on RSS feeds, go to FORUM TOOLS ( right side), use MARK FORUM as READ.....

Does this still work ? I've only been able to mark ALL forums read, and adding RSS to the ignore, still lists all the postings.

I think the new forum SW does not allow markign just 1 sub-forum as read
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    mike90045 wrote: »
    Does this still work ? I've only been able to mark ALL forums read, and adding RSS to the ignore, still lists all the postings.

I think the new forum SW does not allow markign just 1 sub-forum as read

It works. You have to go to that section of the forum, where all the threads are listed. There's a "Forum Tools" sub menu just under the forum heading (in the blue bar). Second choice is "Mark This Forum Read".
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works. You have to go to that section of the forum, where all the threads are listed. There's a "Forum Tools" sub menu just under the forum heading (in the blue bar). Second choice is "Mark This Forum Read".

Thanks . Didn't know about the lower level MARK function
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

I just read through the regular threads and then hit Mark Forums Read to clear out the RSS feed (if there are a lot).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

A major waste of byte babble !
    Post how to Shut off In IE X
    Firefox , gravel 2 report ! Please !
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Try this link:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist
    Add a Member to Your List...

User Name

Add "RSSfeed" to the field, hit OK (things "go blank").

Refresh (or click the link above), and you should see a list of ignored users.
    To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button.

To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Ignore List

Check / Uncheck All

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Thank You BB
    RSSfeed is / posts way