Bedini Generator as free energy

Comments

• Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Bedini Generator as free energy
    As far as I know, the only free, perpetual energy we can get is GeoThermal.

I often wondered if I could drill a 6" hole in my yard 3 miles deep and how much it would cost. I could power the whole town!

Yes, but if everyone did it, the earth would just cool off faster!
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Joe_B wrote: »

not a chance with the hot air coming out of so many politicians worldwide.:p
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

We have geothermal in Northern California... It has its own set of issues (mineral build up, caustic water, sulfur dioxide emissions, variable output due to geology, etc.).

Low density energy (like the earth's magnetic field) is difficult to harvest on the small scale (miles). And solar flares can cause havoc with such systems (let alone the power distribution systems).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Polaraco
    Polaraco Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭✭✭

LOL Good Point
  • Joe_B
    niel wrote: »

One way or another all of the energy available to us comes from the suns radiation or the big bang, there aint no free lunch.
  • Polaraco
    niel wrote: »

Now Now. . . These are our leaders. (Let me know of what)
  • Polaraco
    BB. wrote: »
    We have geothermal in Northern California... It has its own set of issues (mineral build up, caustic water, sulfur dioxide emissions, variable output due to geology, etc.).

Low density energy (like the earth's magnetic field) is difficult to harvest on the small scale (miles). And solar flares can cause havoc with such systems (let alone the power distribution systems).

-Bill

Solar flares are why we have no winds right now. I have 4 Grand, or 2000 watts worth of PMA's sittin there havin a beer. Winds have diminishing for the last several months.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Polaraco wrote: »
    Now Now. . . These are our leaders. (Let me know of what)

:confused:
    They are? I just thought it was a way of keeping people who can't do real jobs off welfare. :p
  • Polaraco
    :confused:
    They are? I just thought it was a way of keeping people who can't do real jobs off welfare. :p

Heh I almost don't work. But I paid in to my plan for 50 years. It might be there next week at the rate they are going. I just hope they keep their fats out of the other 900K I have making 14%
  • niel
    Polaraco wrote: »
    Heh I almost don't work. But I paid in to my plan for 50 years. It might be there next week at the rate they are going. I just hope they keep their fats out of the other 900K I have making 14%

that might be more info than you should put here.
  • Jmilner
    Jmilner Registered Users Posts: 3

Getting back to he original topic.....
    Bedini himself never says that he gets free energy or zero point energy from his devices.
    Myth busters was a cheap shot without even consulting the inventor. Considering those who have studied Bedini's designs and built them exactly as specified after much tuning get what Bedini stated, a charge device that uses small amounts of electricity and charges batteries more efficiently than direct dc would. Energy in vs energy out of the "energiser" is not applicable as a measure. Joules in versus joules out comparisons are never made and no suggestion is made to suggest that joules out exceeds joules in.
    The reality is that the charge method is different,effective and efficient. If many recovery coils are used instead of just 1. The outcome may just very well be that the output energy form is able to charge multiple batteries at once and thereby produce better than 1 for 1 charging. That is 1 battery drained but more than one battery charged.
    Don't be fooled these machines take time,money and effort and are not a cheap "free energy" or free lunch fix.
    It's easy to criticise what you don't understand so instead I chose to put it to the test. Btw for the skeptics I do have a degree in pure science, but also believe in the true science of testing things in the lab. Making observations and then try and make sense of what I observed. Not bury my head in a textbook saying it can't or shouldn't work.
    If we relied on that narrow minded thinking tesla wouldn't have developed ac power systems.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

JMilner;

What exactly is "a degree in pure science"? I don't remember "pure science" as being one of the fields of choice for majoring.
    Many of us here have college degrees in a variety of scientific fields. Yet we remain skeptical of things like Bedini generators not only because of the hype that surrounds such claims but mainly because of the basic scientific principle that nothing is accepted as proven until it has been tested independently.

Efficiency itself is a moot point because in the real world it includes many more factors than just the physics of the issue.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

Wow! This thread hasn't burned itself out yet?
    By the way, I have an invention that works even better!
    Using what I learned in my Practical Life Education Degree, taken over the internet from some guy in Romania, I've designed a Brain Energy Transfer Multiplier. I hook wires to suction cups on my temples, spring clips on my ears and THINK energy! It's very hard to do, but if I concentrate hard enough, I can light an LED.
    Now I've taken it a step farther and trained my dog to THINK energy, and she can actually light two LED's if I hold a bit of sausage in front of her nose.
    What's more, she doesn't seem to mind the "ground" probe that must be inserted in the back passage to make the thing work. I found it most uncomfortable, reminded me of my last prostate exam. But hey, anything for free energy.
  • sawmill
    sawmill Solar Expert Posts: 93 ✭✭✭

I think we all deserve a good laugh! http://www.monolithic.com/stories/magnetic-generator-demonstration

I apologise if this doesn't post as a clickable link.
  • Jmilner
    Jmilner Registered Users Posts: 3
    JMilner;

What exactly is "a degree in pure science"? I don't remember "pure science" as being one of the fields of choice for majoring.
    Many of us here have college degrees in a variety of scientific fields. Yet we remain skeptical of things like Bedini generators not only because of the hype that surrounds such claims but mainly because of the basic scientific principle that nothing is accepted as proven until it has been tested independently.

Efficiency itself is a moot point because in the real world it includes many more factors than just the physics of the issue.

Pure science versus applied science is a vaguery of the degree system in Australia. You can do a degree in science or applied science. I was merely being specific about which one I did.
    My intention was also not to draw comparisons with other posters qualification but to state that it's easy to be a skeptic based on what we think is "the truth" in a given field in particular about this Bedini energiser. There are many in the free energy community misrepresenting this device. There is no marketing department behind this patent. Anyone can pull the patents from the us patent office and get access to Bedini's designs for free. He makes nothing from such activity.
    Rather than be skeptical I am building such a device as a hobby and intend to scientifically study the results.
    My premise as stated before is that it's real easy to be a skeptic but much harder to reach an informed conclusion based on observations.
    Yes my comments were subjective in regards to efficiencies because I haven't run quantitative tests thus far. Although qualitative tests appear promising. I was just frustrated with the uninformed babble relating to Bedini's energiser because in my opinion it needs objective independent study rather than rants by people who think they know that it's a scam.
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I think that generator is for real and it produces more power than it consumes. I saw a very small unit for sale .0001hp and bought it with a $3 note. it puts out to much power for my multimeter to measure ,so it must be a lot. my multimeter was bought with a $3 note also.
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

There comes a time when after the laughter dies down, all we can sanely do is shake our heads and walk away. :roll:
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    JMilner;

FWIW, I have degrees both in pure science (chemistry) and applied science (electrical engineering). So what? :D

You don't get something for nothing. Efficiencies may approach 100% but may not exceed it. The incremental efficiency improvements as you get closer and closer to 100% become less significant as the value of the relative change decreases. An increase in efficiency from 99.5% to 99.6% is no more significant than an increase from 25.0% to 25.1%; in fact it is less significant because 0.1% is larger compared to 25.0% than compared to 99.5%.

Yes, I am a skeptic of perpetual motion machines, cars that run on water, cold fusion, etc. Show me one that works, performs under rigorous testing, and has a practical application.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    ggunn wrote: »
    Show me one that works, performs under rigorous testing, and has a practical application.

Personally, I would be more than happy for just the first two. If you got past that, it would then be time for the applied research scientists and the engineers to work on the third part. :-)
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • bcroe
    bcroe Registered Users Posts: 1

The way I heard the LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS
    1. You can't win;
    2. You can't break even;
    3. You can't get out of the game.

Bruce
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Yep--and around here, we also obey the law of gravity.

Welcome to the forum Bruce.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • loonie
    loonie Registered Users Posts: 10

OK explain this. One sugary treat and the grandkids can"t be stopped! Now thatsssss energy
  • inetdog
    loonie wrote: »
    OK explain this. One sugary treat and the grandkids can"t be stopped! Now thatsssss energy

But since it is chaotic energy, the laws of thermodynamics tell us that it cannot be harnessed!
  • niel
    inetdog wrote: »
    But since it is chaotic energy, the laws of thermodynamics tell us that it cannot be harnessed!

sure it can. remember the carrot in front of the horse trick?:p
  • solorone
    solorone Solar Expert Posts: 257 ✭✭✭

"but it's able to bend the law enough to actually output more energy than is input. Given " Oh sort like making alcohol for fuel??
  • Joe_B

I was watching some crap on youtube where a guy had a free energy generator and he stated that when he turned t on, the area around the machine got 50 degrees colder. Wow, I have got to get me one of those!
  • SolaRevolution
    SolaRevolution Solar Expert Posts: 410 ✭✭
    I was watching some crap on youtube where a guy had a free energy generator and he stated that when he turned t on, the area around the machine got 50 degrees colder. Wow, I have got to get me one of those!

That's harvesting energy from the environment not the mythical "free energy". There are several devices which have been able to harvest energy from ambient heat but if it were possible on that scale...

Are they soliciting investors? ;)
    Just send $100, your SS# and bank info and they will gaurantee you a huge return!

-Alex
  • inetdog
    That's harvesting energy from the environment not the mythical "free energy". There are several devices which have been able to harvest energy from ambient heat but if it were possible on that scale...

To harvest energy from ambient heat, you have to also have ambient cool somewhere.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

The real question is, does John Bedini have utility power running into his house ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Joe_B
    mike95490 wrote: »
    The real question is, does John Bedini have utility power running into his house ?
    Yes but you cant see it.
This discussion has been closed.