Lithium Battery Complications
Crosscut Registered Users Posts: 3 ✭
Greetings all. I'm new to solar and wish to install a system on our travel trailer. Sitting down yesterday with the RV service guy, I realize I'm not yet ready. I had intended AGM batteries, now I'm considering Lithium. My immediate questions are these:
1) It seems I now need a solar controller intended for lithium batteries. Is that correct?
2) Victron advertises its batteries as having just four cells. Of course I don't want a battery consisting of a hundred smaller cells. Which battery brands do you recommend?
3) Can two separate Li batteries be wired in parallel? I read that there are inherent troubles with this.
4) Finally, if I find myself with cold-soaked Li batteries...let's say 15 degrees fahrenheit...what sort of power would I have? Enough to run a heater blower long enough to warm the trailer/battery? (2X Battle Born 100Ah 12VLiFePO4) How cold is too cold for cold soak?
5) Is it true that a Li battery should never be charged below 32 degrees F?
FYI: 4X 170-watt solar panels in series, Victron MPPT 150/60 TR controller, AIMS 2000 watt 70A inverter/charger, 2X Battle Born 12V LiFePO4 batteries
Thank you for responding.