Posting Query

Brianellul
Brianellul Solar Expert Posts: 95 ✭✭
How can I post jpegs in my posts? I did notice the Manage Attachements button but I'm not sure what to do after that. I would like to incorporate a couple of pics in my post

Comments

• nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Re: Posting Query

Click on the paper clip just right of the white smiley face

Select from your computer, the select your picture from your pc then upload it and your done. Like this !
  • Brianellul
    Brianellul Solar Expert Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hmmm, I don't have the paper clip! Is it something which the Administrator has to enable?
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brianellul wrote: »
    Hmmm, I don't have the paper clip! Is it something which the Administrator has to enable?

methinks he's got a different board in mind. I do it by going to Advanced message edit, and scroll down to the
    Attach Files
    Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
    click the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button, and continue from there.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭

I dont understand when I post a reply as now, I have on the top row above me from left to right, Fonts/Sizes/Colour of fonts then a white smiley then the paper clip then undo and redo arrows, Im posting in the same forum so we should all have the same ?:confused:
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

nigel,
    i see what you are refering to, but even i hadn't tried attaching with that and i'm giving it a go here.
    yes it works fine. i was using manage attachments and is the same thing really.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

Niel, somehow CT managed to imbed some images in a posting as opposed to attachments. I think that is the OP's question vs using the attachments facility. see post #26 in ' I have a batt. monitor question'. I dont know how she did it either...

Eric

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭

I think there are two ways to add/embed pics. One is to use the composition attachment feature using the "paper clip" icon. The other way is to use the "Insert Image" button (yellow rectangle with landscap and Sun) to attach an image from a server using a URL. For example, here's an attachment from OutBack:

psr3_media.jpg