Schneider xw6048

vetah
vetah Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone my name is vetah I'm from Mauritania,i would like to know how you can help me to solve my problemI have three inventor of the brand schneider XW6048 the three inverters broke down when I open them to inspect the failure I find there is a circuit in the main board is broken see attached picture

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 #2
    Have you contacted Schneider?

That's awful dusty for the inside of an inverter. Even if they are left outside they should be inside a reasonable environment with some air filtration. I live on a dust road and my inverters have always lived outside and are not as dusty, though they are in a box with air filtration.

A layer of dust insulates electrical components not allowing them to cool as expected. If they can't be put in a less dusty environment. Some companies make sealed units. I know Outback for one does...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi vetah,   welcome to the Forum,

It is a bit difficult to see,   but,   it looks that the device,   circled in red,   has its top blown off,  or incinerated.   It looks like it is/was an IC.

If the above is generally correct,   this is often caused by massive overvoltage,   or over-current.

There a number of  things that can cause this type of situation.   Perhaps  Lightning (?).

Just some guesses,   good luck,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 #4
    Three phase power or 3 XW's ?  I would doubt where you are, that you are close to service? I would doubt even more if there was a source of parts there for someone who was skilled and knew the part numbers. You can click on the link to Schneider solar who sell the XW's you have below. Good Luck!
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/tech-support/

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Nitro25
    Nitro25 Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hey Vitah,

I'm dealing with that problem. That component is a step down DC/DC converter. It's rated for 76v, and steps battery voltage down to five volts. The part number you need is  (MAX5035BUPA+) its a IC REG BUCK 5V 1A 8DI. You might want to check the Mosfet PN (FQP19N20)  and its driver PN(UC3845AD8TR) IC REG CTRLR MULT TOPOLOGY 8SOIC to see if they're OK too.

Check the inductor (Marked 101, 100uH) right in front of the converter and the Diode ("D19")

I've got two boards that blew the same components.

Good Luck!

Dwight

• Nitro25
    Nitro25 Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hey Vetah

Here's some info on that blown part.

Dwight

• t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    that whole board is the control board...or logic board...thats where the memory and firmware are

usually schneider will not sell you a new control board...I have tried, but they might sell over seas if you are isolated enough

inverter service center might have one....they are located in Whitehouse Tennessee USA...google them
  • kee_kee
    kee_kee Registered Users Posts: 1

Ok I read some the comment, yes thats an ic max5035b that can be replaced with some other component in the circuit as well. Got it done to mine.

• Nassab
    Nassab Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    Hi good day, I have the same ic that get burn 
    I just order back one , but can you tell me if when you replace your bad one  did the inverter work 
  • ihabmu
    ihabmu Registered Users Posts: 1
    Nitro25 HIii i need help with this board schneider  xantrex conext 7kw inverter 

i need to know the value of these components regulators ic and some resistors i lost them during transport when i tried to repair it i desolder them and put them in bag and lost them 

here is the pic of the board and the schematic component number :smile:

here is the pic's 
    component symbols :
    U38 
    R200, R182
    U39
    R163,R162
    D23
    I think the U38,39 are regulators ic but i dont know there values , i hope you can help me