Schneider xw6048

vetahvetah Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone my name is vetah I'm from Mauritania,i would like to know how you can help me to solve my problemI have three inventor of the brand schneider XW6048 the three inverters broke down when I open them to inspect the failure I find there is a circuit in the main board is broken see attached picture

Comments

• PhotowhitPhotowhit Solar Expert Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27 #2
    Have you contacted Schneider?

That's awful dusty for the inside of an inverter. Even if they are left outside they should be inside a reasonable environment with some air filtration. I live on a dust road and my inverters have always lived outside and are not as dusty, though they are in a box with air filtration.

A layer of dust insulates electrical components not allowing them to cool as expected. If they can't be put in a less dusty environment. Some companies make sealed units. I know Outback for one does...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Prosine 1800 and Exeltech 1100, 660 ah 24v ForkLift battery. Off grid for @16 of last 17 years. Assorted other systems, and to many panels in the closet to not do more...lol
  • VicVic Solar Expert Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭✭

Hi vetah,   welcome to the Forum,

It is a bit difficult to see,   but,   it looks that the device,   circled in red,   has its top blown off,  or incinerated.   It looks like it is/was an IC.

If the above is generally correct,   this is often caused by massive overvoltage,   or over-current.

There a number of  things that can cause this type of situation.   Perhaps  Lightning (?).

Just some guesses,   good luck,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH [email protected], 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Dave AngeliniDave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28 #4
    Three phase power or 3 XW's ?  I would doubt where you are, that you are close to service? I would doubt even more if there was a source of parts there for someone who was skilled and knew the part numbers. You can click on the link to Schneider solar who sell the XW's you have below. Good Luck!
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/tech-support/

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Mountains near Mariposa/Yosemite CA
     http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
    E-mail [email protected]