Will 'The Great Suffering" shift into overdrive this year?

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
Apparently the biggest banks are working on a national digital currency. Say the "wrong thing" and lose access to your funds. Forgo their vaccine and loose the ability to travel or buy groceries. 

No eggs at Costco stores. Grocery stores are full of bare shelves. Diesel fuel inexplicably much, much higher than gasoline. Gates is preparing his next vaccine "exercise" while talking about vaccinating animals to "improve their genetics". Thought he sold software? 

Nobody needs me to tell them these are times for concern. Could be a great time to be off grid. 
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• DanS26
    DanS26 Solar Expert Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens
    23.16kW Kyocera panels; 2 Fronius 7.5kW inverters; Nyle hot water; Steffes ETS; Great Lakes RO; Generac 10kW w/ATS, TED Pro System monitoring
  • softdown
    ^^^If you still think these are times for cliches I doubt you have been paying enough attention. A LOT of the most noted experts are virtually screaming from the roof tops. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might research your conspiracy theories...

Odd banking transactions CAN lock up your funds and has been able to for years. PayPals sees odd activities and they can put a hold on an associated bank account. I'll bet every online person has known this for years. I put my online banking on a separate account 15 years ago.

Money has been 'digital' for years. Less than 3% of money is physically available!

Fed releases report on potential for fully digital U.S. dollar (usatoday.com)

Eggs are having lots of pressures, avian flu, higher grain costs, fuel costs, and inflation also means 'cheap' sources of protein have higher demand.

Diesel fuel is basically the same as heating oil. The difference can be looked on as a colder than normal month. I would expect it will linger through the winter somewhat unless we have a long period of warm weather.

Gates is mostly running his charity which he has pumped billions (30+) into and announce much more. the foundation has done a lot of good in the world... Some things are 'talking points' which can give people a poor opinion of him, but I've seen the world as over populated for a long time. I always question if sending money to support countries who live with unsustainable populations is good or just makes the a greater population to suffer during the next drought?

It's fine to be off grid, but in reality, it's NOT the government, which is your greatest threat, it's your neighbors. Knowing you have resources that others might use in case of a difficulties...

I'm off grid and even keep 4-6 months maybe a year's worth of survival food around, water filtering systems to make rain water potable...
    But I'm realistic, it won't need that food if we have a difficult time, some 7-10% of the population are trained killers...

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • softdown
    I'm semi retired and spend many hours/day doing research in all manor of nooks and crannies. Being so dismissive hints of arrogance, I could spend hours trouncing almost every msm based claim you have made. But I'll let it ride for two reasons:
    1) Solar board
    2) Nobody wins in cyber space - except for Foolishness Awards. 

good day
  • softdown
    Laughter is the Best Medicine. Hilarious recap of the events of 2022: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPgBcWu5WGg

JP is a comedian. Expect what comedians are known for. 

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    Photowhit said: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's fine to be off grid, but in reality, it's NOT the government, which is your greatest threat, it's your neighbors. Knowing you have resources that others might use in case of a difficulties...

So much truth in this.  The uglier the scenario, the more you will need a coalition to include a broad range of resources and skill sets. For the second time, I selected where I live based heavily on this concept.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I don't think that DanS was using cliches here to diminish your observations... There are certainly many connections that can be made with our times now. And depending on experiences and political persuasions, these "connections" can be "claimed" by "both/many differing sides".

I am certainly not a scholar of literature (I just barely survived my English Lit courses)... I try to understand what is posted--And not attribute ill intent to anyone.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Marc Kurth
    Being prepared for natural and man-made disasters is just common sense.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It is after all manmade! You can blame the politics until the Cow jumps over the moon. It is the people not being involved in politics or local government that is the source of the suffering.

Going Offgrid is a lifestyle I think. You still have to be involved, vote, and make your thoughts formed on Education/Knowledge. Posting here does not count in my opinion. Tell your congress critter what you think or just accept mediocrity.

Have a good year no matter what happens :)

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Marc Kurth
    Underinformed voters will bring our country down.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That is not what I said but I agree.   100 hours a week + on social media has not been a good plan either.

I heard today on the radio that the ancient philosopher Mick Jagger once said "you can't always get what you want,
    but if you try sometimes you just might get what you need."

Geeze look at the time, Happy hour pacific time.  Cheers !

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• softdown
    edited January 2023 #13
    Will 'The Great Suffering" shift into overdrive this year?

I am shocked that the question was pretty much ignored. Shocked. 

Everybody in Congress is ignoring the WEF membership of McCarthy. And you think voting is the answer? Good luck with that. These are the biggest problems (and sorry about the built in caps - I prefer not to yell):
    1) Globalists such as Gates, Soros, Schwab and Kissinger
    2) Alphabet agencies such as FBI, CIA and HS.
    3) Executive branch
    4) Legislative branch
    5) Mockingbird media
    6) Public education
    7) Mercury used as preservative in the most heavily vaccinated population
    8) Fluoride used in drinking water. It is a neurotoxin and a rat poison. The largest bags sold by Amazon used to state it is a rodenticide before I bought a LOT of attention to that. 
    9) Modern farming practices.
    10) Modern food processing practices.
    11) Gonzo building code has made homes unaffordable.
    12) War on the nuclear family by the aforementioned agencies. 
    13) Been all about the rich since the 1980s. 
    14) MIC has too much power. Cheney and Bush dispensed with the coalition of "wise men liason" and replaced them with, shudder, the MIC. Notably the IC after the M. 
    15) War on "toxic masculinity" and replacing it with the unrealistic "future is female" agenda. 

Thats the tip of the iceberg. Good luck to us all. 
  • solartrout
    solartrout Registered Users Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Gates, Soros...snort. Whatever.