My Schneider XW PRO 6848 is making a screeching sound

methane_tourist
methane_tourist Registered Users Posts: 2
I currently have 3 Schneider XW Pro 6848, 3 CC MPPT 80-600, PDP, AGS, 2 Fortress 18.5kwh and 19,000 PV sys.

Every time there is a small voltage fluctuation the Schneider seems to disconnect from the power utility grid and support the house Load by PV generated energy + battery support. Every time it tries to support the house Load it starts to make this screeching sound until it balances the charge and can connect to the power grid once again. 

Video of the screeching sound:  https://youtube.com/shorts/4MXIbKzYuWc

Video of the settings: https://youtu.be/k5Ky8iZ2kB8

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it could be as simple as a fan going out?

I had a Prosine with a squeaky fan, it ended up dying and I had to replace the fan. With the dead fan, it would over heat above 400 watts and shut down.

Likely nothing to do with your situation, just throwing out thoughts.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Need alot more info! Where, when, who installed, did it ever work right, have you contacted Schneider?   

The grid disco and connect to grid on voltage change are almost always configuration settings that have to be right. XWP has so many more settings that it really is a big job to configure.

Never heard that sound, what load is it powering?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• mkimid
    mkimid Registered Users Posts: 3
    I have similar issue with Enphase IQ7+ inverters also, actually, it has not happen one year ago, but, it start to happening recently, 
    If see the frequency it will shaking also, I have been using after Enable Phase Loss Detection at my IQ7+ inverters. . 
    After couple of months, the other problem happening, it is start to generating a huge humming noise when no load. 
    I have sent my inverter into RMA after talk with technical support