Secondary Charge controller

Options
Hey guys I’ve talked with a few people and here is my scenario,

I have two strings coming back from my second pv array #10 two negatives and two positives 
Coming back to a 60 VictronConnect  mppt

im looking at some information at how to combine these properly and what kind of protection is needed prior to adding it to my inverter. 

A line diagram would be amazing thanks ahead of time.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think you need to explain a bit more about your situation.

Traditionally your array would go to a charge controller then into your battery/system. Also they would usually be combined at the array and a single set of connectors brought to the Power Center (Charge controller, Inverter, with breakers/fuses) 

Are you saying "60 VictronConnect  mppt" is your charge controller? If you have 2 sets of coming from your array because they have different VMP/IMP then you should use 2 different charge controllers. 

To properly figure this out, what is needed, system nominal voltage and the VMp of the strings of solar panels would be needed.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.