Trace SW4024 circuit diagrams

Options
2»

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you intend to use the GTI?  I hope not as it and the SW4024 have been out of support for quite some time.
    I would load test the unit with at least a 1KW load and verify it is working. Use a hair dryer or electric heater. Good Luck and where are you located please?
    What else are you asking?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Slowtation
    Slowtation Registered Users Posts: 4
    Options
    I am located near Stockton Ca. The question is what do the flashing green lights really mean. What part of the unit has failed, if any, and does anybody know what needs to be done to fix them. New board, don't worry about it? Will it still grid tie? So basically does it still work correctly or not? That's not much. LOL  Thanks very much for your ear.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is not uncommon for the relays that switch between AC inputs and the AC output,  to weld.   This could possibly cause both AC1 & AC2 LEDs to flash   ...   possibly   ....

It is said,   that a good rap with the heel of a  fist,   might un-stick one or more of these relays.

FWIW,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Also, if I recall correctly, there are a couple current transformers on the AC inputs that measure the AC power--And they have very fine wires that can break and may have similar symptoms...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Slowtation
    Slowtation Registered Users Posts: 4
    Options
    I borrowed a known good AC board today, same problem, "AC1 & AC2  in good" flashing lights together. Need to work tomorrow so No work on the inverter.
  • v12nut
    v12nut Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1
    Options
    Has a solution to the ac1 and ac2 leds flashing been found? I have a SW 4548e with exactly this problem coupled with reduced ac output, so any pointers would be much appreciated.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 #38
    Options
    Usually with stuck relay you get an error of "AC_out connected to AC_in". Newer FW actually has a welded relay error message.

Flashing green means AC_in voltage detected but inverter is not sync'd to AC_in source, which is requirement for relay to close, paralleling inverter with AC_in.

If main transformers AC side wiring has been disconnected and reconnected you might have reversed the wires at the two wire terminal block TB3 near the transformers.  This causes the inverter to be 180 degs out of phase so when inverter measures phase difference and tries to drive phase to convergence it is driven in wrong direction, farther away from lock.  Since the two wires are same yellow color it is easy to accidentally reverse their connection.

The GTI adapter is nothing but a big filter choke to clean up the three stacked transformer 27 level max increment stair-stepped sinewave to meet harmonic level and improve anti-islanding requirement of newer GT specs.  It was a poor band-aid to address the old inverter design.  There is relay to take choke out of AC_in_1 path when not pushing power to grid to avoid the loss in the choke.