Morningstar ts45 issue

Fredthecat
Fredthecat Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
Everything was working fine before. Had the coach running on shore power for a couple weeks when I unplugged I noticed the solar wasn't charging.
If I disconnect the solar wires and take a reading from them directly with a multimeter they are at 18 volts.
When I connect the wires to the ts 45 and check volts at terminals it's only .8 volts. After a few minutes I check it again and it's reading the same voltage as the batteries. 13.3.
If I kill the power and turn it back on its at .8 again.
The remote meter shows no ah no volts. 

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum 

What is the status of the 3 LED's on the controller, they will indicate a fault or alarm if they are sequencing in any order, in a no fault condition they do not sequence but remain on in various configurations to indicate voltage status.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Fredthecat
    edited June 2021 #3
    Solid green unless batteries run down then it's solid green and yellow. Never had any flashing lights.
    No faults on the remote meter.
    It's just not letting the solar power in.
  • mcgivor
    On the remote meter what is the status, night, bulk PWM or float. What are the dip switch settings, what battery type are you using and did you install the system? 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Fredthecat
    Yes I installed it, it was working for the last 6 months. After having it plugged in for 2 weeks it decided to not work anymore.
    4 battleborn lithiums,,dips 2 off 4 on 2 off per battleborn. Remote  just says mppt 0 ah 0 volts.
  • mcgivor
    Are you using custom settings with MSVIEW, if so what are the settings, what it sounds like is the batteries are at a near fully charged state so not accepting current, try dischargeing to see if the charging resumes or apply a large load, the TS45 should wake up to support it.
    The rational behind the being near fully charged statement is they were left for a couple of weeks without discharge I would assume, perhaps they never reached that state before, all speculation based on the lack of details.

MSVIEW has a virtually infinite possibilities so it important to get them correct, that is the reason behind the caution message when entering the setup wizard. Should you still have problems after self diagnosis contact Morningstar support, they are extremely helpful and respond fast to enquiries. 
  • Fredthecat
    I discharged down to 11.9 ,still won't charge, calling today.
  • Fredthecat
    edited June 2021 #8
    They are sending me a new controller 
  • Cortttt
    Cortttt Registered Users Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited July 2021 #9
    Good to hear. I have Morningstar MPPT controller, remove view, and EMC-1. They can be a little tricky for laymen like me  - I'm trying to get the EMC working correctly now - but Morningstar support is excellent. They get back to you very quickly. 

How did this work out?