Need BTS/15 battery temperature sensor

Options
technovelist
technovelist Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
I think my search for an SWRC remote controller for my SW4024 has been successful; I'll know in a few days if it arrives and works as expected.

But now I have another problem: one of my BTS/15 battery temperature sensors was damaged somehow.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Thanks!

Comments

• 706jim
    706jim Solar Expert Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know if this helps, but I have a temperature compensation stick on style battery temperature sensor for my old Trace C40. If that would work you would be welcome to have it. Not before May though as it is marooned on our island until breakup.
    Island cottage solar system with 2500 watts of panels, 1kw facing southeast 1.3kw facing southwest 170watt ancient Arco's facing south. All panels in parallel for a 24 volt system. Trace DR1524 MSW inverter, Outback Flexmax 80 MPPT charge controller 8 Trojan L16's. Insignia 11.5 cubic foot electric fridge. My 30th year.
  • technovelist
    edited March 2021 #3
    Options
    706jim said:
    Don't know if this helps, but I have a temperature compensation stick on style battery temperature sensor for my old Trace C40. If that would work you would be welcome to have it. Not before May though as it is marooned on our island until breakup.
    Thanks, that may help. Would you happen to have a picture of it? Does it look like this? https://www.infinigi.com/xantrex-bts15-battery-temperature-sensor-w15ft-cable-p-229.html
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a bunch of them. I'm in Northern Baja. I'd be happy to ship you one for the cost of shipping if you want.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• technovelist
    Options
    I have a bunch of them. I'm in Northern Baja. I'd be happy to ship you one for the cost of shipping if you want.
    That would be terrific. What would the cost of shipping be to East Texas?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    You folks can use Private Messages to exchange addresses and contact information.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Saggys
    Saggys Solar Expert Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If all else fails they pop up on Ebay frequently.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 #8
    Options
    AND,  just to state the fairly obvious,

The BTS is primarily used during charging from the inverter,   and if this charging is usually done manually (not with AGS),   then,  one could adjust the charge voltage manually,  if needed  to adjust for battery temperature.

Am not certain if the LVD-type functions are temp comped on these venerable Trace inverters.

Think that these BTSes are a 100  K Ohm NTC Thermistor (dunno the curve factor),  connected to a phone plug.

Just as an aside,   Good Luck,   Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • 706jim
    706jim Solar Expert Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    706jim said:
    Thanks, that may help. Would you happen to have a picture of it? Does it look like this? https://www.infinigi.com/xantrex-bts15-battery-temperature-sensor-w15ft-cable-p-229.html
    Yes, that's the one. It looks like you've found one easier to get your hands on but if it falls through just let me know.
    Island cottage solar system with 2500 watts of panels, 1kw facing southeast 1.3kw facing southwest 170watt ancient Arco's facing south. All panels in parallel for a 24 volt system. Trace DR1524 MSW inverter, Outback Flexmax 80 MPPT charge controller 8 Trojan L16's. Insignia 11.5 cubic foot electric fridge. My 30th year.
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My email reply got returned so here's the text 

They are pretty bulletproof. I can't imagine wrecking one. I really don't want to give up more than one. If that's fine with you let me know and we'll precede. BTW I'm heading to the states on Tuesday so I would just send it from up there and save some excess shipping and time.
    Mike McCormick

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• technovelist
    Options
    My email reply got returned so here's the text 

They are pretty bulletproof. I can't imagine wrecking one. I really don't want to give up more than one. If that's fine with you let me know and we'll precede. BTW I'm heading to the states on Tuesday so I would just send it from up there and save some excess shipping and time.
    Mike McCormick
    Yes, one is fine. The reason I need a new one is because my previous one got cut in several places somehow, but I'll be more careful with this one. I'll try private messaging you again, since it appears the previous one didn't go through for some reason.
  • technovelist
    Options
    Vic said:
    AND,  just to state the fairly obvious,

The BTS is primarily used during charging from the inverter,   and if this charging is usually done manually (not with AGS),   then,  one could adjust the charge voltage manually,  if needed  to adjust for battery temperature.

Am not certain if the LVD-type functions are temp comped on these venerable Trace inverters.

Think that these BTSes are a 100  K Ohm NTC Thermistor (dunno the curve factor),  connected to a phone plug.

Just as an aside,   Good Luck,   Vic
    Thanks for the info. I never charge manually but only from the grid or generator via the inverter, so I think this is pretty important.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    edited March 2021 #13
    Options
    Chewing type animals (rats, mice, rabbits, etc.)? Look for where they "sampled" the insulation (but not necessarily bit clean through).
    Some types of insulation really attract animals--Others not so much.
    -Bill "have pet rabbit, or 3 year old with wire cutters... Can't tell the difference) B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset