XW Pro 6848 AC1 & AC2 charger settings

Trying to configure our system to mainly use the solar during the day, batteries at night, if battery voltage drops to my set point of 48.5 Generator automatically comes on with the AGS unit, but if my generator goes offline for some reason (overheat, fuel, ect.) How can i config the AC1 (Grid) to come on automatically and charge the system to 80%. Right now the generator will auto start and auto off on my settings.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Welcome to the forum LimeConch,

I cannot help with the programming--But a couple of questions.
    • First (roughly) where are you located?
    • You have grid power--Why choose the genset first, then grid for charging?
    • Is generated power "cheaper" per kWH vs grid power? (gensets run around 3-6 kWH per gallon of fuel--Depending on type of fuel/loading/etc.)
    • Do you have enough solar panels to run "off grid" with your normal loads?
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • LimeyConch
    LimeyConch Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Northern Bahamas, $0.45 per kw grid power, very unstable grid power, Plenty of panels for off grid, just cloudy days, large system, 4-6848 inverters, 4 charge controllers, 32-6 volt AGM 440 batteries, Large house with major AC systems, system does great except for cloudy weekends when weather is hot. AGS unit installed with Gateway for monitoring and doing system tweaking.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #4
    There is an AC input  priority setting on the XW 6848 choose advanced > AC settings> AC priority, choose desired AC input priority. this is from Schneider FAQ 
    https://www.se.com/us/en/faqs/FA327766/

1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • LimeyConch
    Yes have the system set up as AC2 priority, just need to get the AC1 settings correct for charging the batteries and not using the grid except for a last resort

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What does your installer say?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• LimeyConch
    installing myself, and have had no issues with the units starting and running Generators for battery charging as voltage drops to set point. Having issues setting up AC1 to charge the batteries if the Genera
  • krawczukj
    krawczukj Registered Users Posts: 2
    Did you end up getting this figured out?  Having the setting on AC1 slightly lower than AC2 and having the priority set to AC2 first should provide what you want for Gen first. For only charging to 80% I have to set my charge time limit to 240 minutes under battery settings. As this would give approx 24kwh over the 4hrs and I have my recharge set to 51.6v for my system which is approx 30% SOC. My battery bank is 45kw so 24kw from grid would charge me back to 80ish% from the 30%. As long as the load is consistent and predictable.