Where can I get the Renogy Rover MPPT Charge Controller - Software

MEK1954
MEK1954 Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭
Does anyone know where can I get the Renogy Rover 60A MPPT Charge Controller - Software, I can not find it on renogy's website

Comments

• MichaelK
    MichaelK Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about upgrading the firmware, or the software to communicate with your controller?  If it's to communicate, I think what you need is the BlueTooth module.  Then you can be connected to the controller via your phone.

Here is an excerpt from the module page...

The DC Home App is available on Android and iOS systems:
    1. For Android users, visit the Google Play Store and search, “Renogy DC Home”, then
    download and install the app.
    2. For iOS users, visit the Apple store and search, “Renogy DC Home”, then download
    and install the app.

System 1) 15 Renogy 300w + 4 250W Astronergy panels,  Midnight 200 CC, 8 Trojan L16 bat., Schneider XW6848 NA inverter, AC-Delco 6000w gen.
    System 2) 8 YingLi 250W panels, Midnight 200CC, three 8V Rolls batteries, Schneider Conext 4024 inverter (workshop)
  • MEK1954
    I have the BT module and other then seeing the currant stats it's not a lot of help, I saw a utube vid and the guy was showing how the software was working on his computer and he said it was on renogy's website.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MEK1954 said:
    .....I saw a utube vid and the guy was showing how the software was working on his computer and he said it was on renogy's website.
    That's the "guy" to contact
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• MichaelK
    MichaelK Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    You have not explained why you need access to the software?  What's the problem you are facing?  Aren't you able to use the menu to program the controller to your particular system?
    System 1) 15 Renogy 300w + 4 250W Astronergy panels,  Midnight 200 CC, 8 Trojan L16 bat., Schneider XW6848 NA inverter, AC-Delco 6000w gen.
    System 2) 8 YingLi 250W panels, Midnight 200CC, three 8V Rolls batteries, Schneider Conext 4024 inverter (workshop)
  • MEK1954
    In the video he was showing a lot more detail and it looked a lot easier to make adjustment to your settings and my laptop in on almost all the time and I would rather have this info on my screen then a screen saver.
  • Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey MEK, did you see the gear icon at the bottom of the bluetooth app? Selecting this will allow you to set the various configuration settings of the charge controller. This is a video review of the BT app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0e8kcsiVCs

BTW you can run the android Renogy BT app on you laptop PC by installing Bluestacks android emulator. Follow the link below for Bluestacks download. It's available for Windows or Mac. Download and install the app, grant any permissions requested during the installation. Start the Bluestacks emulator.

https://www.bluestacks.com

You will need a Google account to download the Renogy BT app from the Google play store using the blue stacks emulator. Once the Renogy BT app has been downloaded and started, access it the way you would on a smart phone. Make sure your PC is initially less than 10 feet of the Renogy bluetooth module and that it is capable of bluetooth connectivity, the app will not work without it.

I use use Bluestacks to access my own charge controller app with my Mac. It works well. Screen shot below.

4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.