Conext Gateway not showing battery temp data in Battery Summary graph.

I just updated the firmware to 1.08 and the release notes say the fix is included for this problem. Not so. Temp data is numerically displayed under XW+ Device section in Fahrenheit, but Battery Summary graph has a Celsius scale from -278 to -268 with no data displayed. This is the same as the 1.04 firmware that I upgraded from. Another thing that's weird is trying to link Gateway to Insight. URN number does not match the serial number but it does match the MAC ID. Anyone know of workarounds for these issues? Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You should report this, link below. Insight is working fine. You followed the quickstart right?

I have not noticed this but firmware can cause unintended issues. Also, all firmware devices need to be current. Good Luck!
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/netsuite/ 
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• ZimInSeattle
    ZimInSeattle Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I have contacted Schneider. Waiting for response. Thanks.
  • Mwaka
    Mwaka Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Same issue here. BTS connected to a conextSW 2524 and another to an MPPT 60 showing respective temperature on device information screen, but no temperature on the battery icon on the dashboard screen. Also no temperature tracing on the battery summary graph.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Mwaka said:
    Same issue here. BTS connected to a conextSW 2524 and another to an MPPT 60 showing respective temperature on device information screen, but no temperature on the battery icon on the dashboard screen. Also no temperature tracing on the battery summary graph.
    Probably unrelated but it's recommended to use a single BTS as the information is shared across Xanbus.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Dave Angelini
    You need to tell them. I certainly do not have time to do this for you unless you want to give me $500?

Good Luck!

• Mwaka
    mcgivor said:
    Mwaka said:
    Probably unrelated but it's recommended to use a single BTS as the information is shared across Xanbus.
    ML201711 Conext MPPT 80-600 Owners Guide page 22, first paragraph, "...Only one BTS is required per battery bank. If there are multiple battery banks and more than one BTS is used within the system, then the highest reported temperature will be used as the battery temperature for the temperature compensation value of the battery charge algorithm."

You were saying?
  • GreenePoint
    GreenePoint Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Same issue here. BTS connected to a conext SW 4048 shows  temperature on device information screen, but no temperature on the battery icon on the dashboard screen. Also no temperature tracing on the battery summary graph
  • Dave Angelini
    The battery summary temp was promised to be addressed in gateway firmware 1.12.   Current version is 1.11. This issue only happens without a battery monitor on xanbus. This will be pretty soon now. If it does not happen,  you need to tell Schneider !

• GreenePoint
    Downloaded and installed gateway firmware 1.12. but no change in temperature displays.
  • GreenePoint
    edited April 2021 #11
    Keep getting a popup message to resend confirmation email even after responding? My email address in my profile is correct.
    Not sure where to post this.
  • Dave Angelini
    I know ! It sucks but they know. You should also tell them again. They have been swamped with all the grid code changes with gateway/ insight facility/home with XWP. This issue only shows up when there is not a battery monitor in the system. The system does get temp data but a sensor alone system will not show on the battery Summary screen.

Good morning Mr. Angelini,

I am very sad to hear that this hasn't been fixed yet and that I could not keep my word with you.
    I have immediately contacted Engineering in order to find out about the current stand of things. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the heads-up and apologies for the inconveniences this may cause.

Have a great day.

Best regards
    Gonzalo Hoppichler | Schneider Electric | Solar Technical Support

• Mwaka
    On my end upon login  insightcloud/configuration/.. Gateway New Firmware Version  still showing up as v1.11
  • Dave Angelini
    It can take a few days for Insight cloud to see the Gateway Local update to 1.12.
    Please tell Schneider again OK?

• GreenePoint
    edited September 2021 #15
    I have now updated my Gateway firmware to Version: v1.14 and still no battery temperature displays. Just noticed that my power use is no longer displayed or totaled with this version. Will be returning to V1.12.
  • Dave Angelini
    You should tell Schneider! I have not checked the temp data but you may be right! It was promised.  Did you clear your browser cache?
    There are new longer hours for support and that is below.