Getting Bids for a 7kw system with Fronius Primo 7.6-1 inverter

BilljustBill
BilljustBill Solar Expert Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
I'm getting information from some installers.  The7-KW size is based on a review of my year's utility billing. 

This bidder says they will use a Fronius grid tie inverter.  Is that a stable and acceptable brand?

If I wanted a battery backup to be added later, what Hybrid Inverter should I ask for?

Panels are guaranteed to be "Tier One", so no  brand name, yet.

Thanks for the help,
Bill
Bill

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you add battery backup later, you will need to have a different inverter.  

If you historically have had reliable Grid Power, perhaps a backup generator and transfer switch is better than a battery bank wasting away for 5 years and then getting replaced.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BilljustBill
    Here is an update change in the grid tie-battery/generator backup inverter.   The company now proposes an different inverter for future battery backup.  It is called a "Delta" and shown in the attachment pdf. 

Do you know any information as to quality or history?

Also, here is the data sheet for their "Tier I" panels planned for this 7kw system.

Thank for your help,
    Bill
    Bill
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I would look at SMA. They are very good at support in the US if that is where you are. Also SMA has feature called "Secure power" When the grid is down, with sunshine, day only, you can get enough power to run a refrigerator.
    No info on Delta. I can ask my grid installer buds?

For a Hybrid in NA I would use Schneider XW or Outback Radian.

Your panel above is barely Tier 1. To me, a Tier one panel has a product warranty of 25 years. Sunpower, Panasonic, and LG.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• BilljustBill
    Thank you for your response.  This is the kind of experience and insight I need as I progress through a large expenditure.  Your solar help in asking those that install systems would help me a great deal!

I know the solar companies are there to make a profit on their work, but some may not be around in the next 2 years of coming economic and social change. I need the equipment to still be up and producing well after they are gone, as well as installing panel and inverter brands that have deep parts inventories and good customer service reputations.

I hope and need more members and moderators that will add to your opinion!
    Bill