Noma Panels, Has anyone used them?

Options
InCogKneeToe
InCogKneeToe Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭
So, I have been using Coleman (Sun Force) basically because that is what is available Locally. They go on sale for $180-200 for 100w Panels occasionally.

Now the Store I buy from has New (to them ) Noma 100w Panels. The have had many smaller Flex panels but nothing larger.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma-100w-solar-kit-with-stand-charge-controller-0112514p.html

$175 with a 8amp Controller (which I don't need) close to the same specs as the Coleman/Sun Force.

My plan was to pick up 2 Coleman 150w when they are on sale for around $230 each (panels only) and have 2 arrays of 350watts each.

Who makes Noma Panels?

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No idea about the Noma panels other than the price is high, 325W panels are going for ~ $125 US, $175 CDN . Being front Canadian Tire, I would expect them to be at the  of lower end of the quality scale. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • InCogKneeToe
    edited June 2020 #3
    Options
    $1/Watt US ($1.40 CDN) was the number before the Border closed up. Yes near $2/Watt is high but the Norm here. So 1.75/Watt with a $25 Controller is a Bargain believe it or not.
  • arby
    arby Solar Expert Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited June 2020 #4
    Options
    I have found that panels at CTC are always much more expensive even when on sale. One place near Toronto is SAW Technologies who sell much bigger and better panels at the real prices as opposed to 10 year ago prices marked down. NAYY.
     I bought some Noma double A batteries at CTC on sale and I am not impressed with their lifespan at all.

I would not buy Solar Panels at CTC. Too expensive and dubious quality IMO.
     To me they are just trying to catch folks who are uninformed.
    3310 watts panels, Classic 200 controller, 8 Surette S530's, Xantrex 5548 inverter, Honda EX5500 backup Genny.
  • InCogKneeToe
    Options
    Not that I am Uninformed, but Toronto is in my Province, just 1800kms away.