Use a vfx 3648 control board in a gvfx 3648 inverter?

Options
The control board on my gvfx 3648 went out on me and a friend has a spare vfx 3648 control board that I can borrow. Does anyone here have actual experience with using a vfx control board in a gvfx inverter? I contacted Amos at Zonna and he said that the FET and AC boards are the same in the 2 inverters and he thought it should work fine. I'm in Baja and there aren't too many options to getting the correct part down here in a timely fashion. I'm offgrid and do not have a grid option either. My generator is getting some overtime use now.
Off grid in northern Baja, 2- vfx3648, FM80,  2280 w pv array pole mounted with solar trackers, 300ah LiFepo4 battery bank, Kubota 6.5kw Diesel gen.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not call Outback? Ask on their user forum? I could guess yes but there are model year changes and I would not want you to ruin your friends PCB. I will ask my installer buds. How much is gasoline on the baja? Back later if I hear anything.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got this back from a bud!  Please keep me in mind if you need a system down there!  Cheers!  --Dave

"Yes will work fine. 

But no grid tie of course and won't stack"

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net