Nissan leaf 48 v lithium battery packs

Options
mosierpat
mosierpat Registered Users Posts: 13 ✭✭
Pretty abundant on Ebay, anyone used these yet?

Comments

• mainecooncats
    mainecooncats Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited November 2019 #2
    Options
    mosierpat said:
    Yes....I am using ten (10) 48 Vdc packs....each pack has 7 modules in a 14s configuration each with their own BMS.  There are 70 individual Nissan Leaf battery modules total.  They are all connected in parallel through a Midnite Solar lithium battery combiner box.  Each cell can be monitored via Bluetooth.   They work great.  I am just finishing the installation.
  • solardad
    solardad Registered Users Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    @mainecooncats

setup looks nice and clean. I am in the process of installing a similar setup but in a 7p6s (42 modules).  Wouldn’t mind hearing  the performance of your  battery capacity once you are up and running. 

• jakobw
    jakobw Registered Users Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Options
    Hey guys. Any updates on this? Super interested to hear how you guys faired on these.
  • sikmusicfreak8
    sikmusicfreak8 Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited January 2020 #5
    Options
    I am using 63 packs running 14s for over a year now, they have been fantastic.  No BMS yet, and they are all within 1/10th of a volt all the time.  Using mine with Conext XW 6848 and two Conext MPPT60 charge controllers and 18 310w panels.
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mosierpat said:
    Yes....I am using ten (10) 48 Vdc packs....each pack has 7 modules in a 14s configuration each with their own BMS.  There are 70 individual Nissan Leaf battery modules total.  They are all connected in parallel through a Midnite Solar lithium battery combiner box.  Each cell can be monitored via Bluetooth.   They work great.  I am just finishing the installation.
    Looks nice. What is your background? 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • kinox
    kinox Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options
    mosierpat said:
    mosierpat said:
    Nice. i wish i could get that many.

Can you please share your controller config. i have 15 in a 6s config, at this moment I'm trying to figure out the sweet spot.

I would appreciate so much your help.