Draw your own conclusions.

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
Smoking gun starts quickly - 8 seconds in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCCBFLH_YtU

There is literally now way this could end poorly.  Am I right? 
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• softdown
    Experts pin lethality somewhere between .6 of 1 percent  and 17 percent. We still may have no idea what we are dealing with. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt you are right . It might be best to stop saving the really old wine and whiskey.  ;)
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• softdown
    Right about what? 

I never seem to enjoy more than a single drink  - a drink relaxes me. Any more puts me to sleep. 

Between C-19, all my accounts closing and almost two straight weeks of windy conditions - things have been rosier. Then a rear tire flattened and shredded after the morning hike. Didn't feel a thing - very odd. Plus the electrical system in the Caravan is completely dead in spite of the battery being at 75%. Now why did the newish battery fall while parked for a week. Max quit wagging his tail very much. Little Lilly attacked the goat. Lots of really odd stuff going on. 

As for the professor's take on C-19 being a biological weapon? Seems like maybe half say yes and half say no - speaking of those with a real understanding. Plenty of logic behind each viewpoint.

The interesting thing about the Univ of N Carolina Level 3 lab tweaking viruses? That is the location of Research Triangle Park - where a large percentage of our "top scientific minds" are employed. 

And my Windows 10 laptop is a total POS. 
  • Dave Angelini
    Wow be careful around high voltage. It seems to have missed you so far. :'(

You asked if it could end poorly?, I doubt it. The guy in your vid looks like Levon Helm on my top 10 movie list the Shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn60YWO218k

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 #6
    softdown said:
    Experts pin lethality somewhere between .6 of 1 percent  and 17 percent. We still may have no idea what we are dealing with.
    When looking at mortality percentages, it has to be pinned to something. Percent of what?
    The tall numbers come from "This many people died who were hospitalized and tested positive for Covid 19."
    The short numbers are based on how many people died against the total number of people who are actually carrying the virus.
    With inadequate testing, we have no idea how many people - therefore no concept of actual mortality percentage of total.
    We do know that there are many, many cases of people testing positive, but they remain virtually symptom-free - or very mild. There are thousands who have the symptoms but tests were not available, so they were told to go home and get better.

I believe that we will find that this virus was raging through our population long before we put a name on it.

Marc

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • Marc Kurth

You asked if it could end poorly?, I doubt it. The guy in your vid looks like Levon Helm on my top 10 movie list the Shooter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn60YWO218k
    I didn't even need to open the link. I instantly knew the scene! An absolute classic in my view.
    Marc

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    We are getting "mixed" statistics from our media... Sometimes it is a Number (USA more deaths than China). Sometimes is based on 1/xxx,000 people... Or basic Lying with Statistics 101.

Here is  quick article that tries to give a consistent overview:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/what-the-media-isnt-telling-you-about-the-united-states-coronavirus-case-numbers/

Here are the top six countries by confirmed cases (based on the case numbers from the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University as of 2:30 pm ET March 27) in descending order:

1. USA (94,238)
    2. Italy (86,498)
    3. Spain (64,059)
    4. Germany (49,344)
    5. Iran (32,332)
    6. France (29,593)

Now, here are the top six countries by confirmed cases per million people (based on population numbers from the CIA World Fact Book) in descending order:

1. Italy (1386.13)
    2. Spain (1280.78)
    3. Germany (615.57)
    4. France (436.17)
    5. Iran (380.72)
    6. USA (283.30)

But, let's look at confirmed deaths per million people in descending order, to see how that changes things:

1. Italy (146.37)
    2. Spain (98.65)
    3. Iran (28.00)
    4. France (25.03)
    5. USA (4.32)
    6. Germany (3.79)
    We are not dead yet (that is a good thing). What to do next (in the US)--It’s Difficult to Make Predictions, Especially About the Future.

It's models all the way down:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epidemiologist-behind-highly-cited-coronavirus-model-admits-he-was-wrong-drastically-revises-model?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    Can't find the link but a NY nurse has recently found death certificates that got altered so the cause of death was changed - to Covid 19 of course. 

People's take on this is currently saying a lot about their priorities and beliefs. And the Michigan governor is now threatening doctors who prescribe hydrochloroquine. Unbelievable. The left often hates hydrochloroquine - it has healed a lot of people. 

Governors telling doctors what to do. #LockEmUp
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an acupuncture "dr" locally selling expensive tea leaves he claimed prevents C19.  He's been warned and may be charged if he persists. 

The drug approval process is far from ideal but it mostly works for getting relatively safe and effective drugs to market.  There are ways to fast track things and they're certainly being used on C19 related tests, treatments, and vaccines.

As for the "smoking gun", maybe but not necessarily.  There's a L4 lab locally that had an issue with a chinese national recently.  The issue wasn't public... could have been boinking the help for all I know.  Anyway, the lab works on really nasty stuff mostly so they have a clue when bad stuff happens (eg. ebola).  Bad stuff (like mutations spreading faster) can and usually does happen naturally.  The chinese have the same reasons to understand the science as we do.

If and to the extent this stuff gets turned into weapons, it won't be in the Lancet or whatever.  The guy in the video certainly isn't in the loop.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • softdown
    Estragon said:
    There's an acupuncture "dr" locally selling expensive tea leaves he claimed prevents C19.  He's been warned and may be charged if he persists. 

The drug approval process is far from ideal but it mostly works for getting relatively safe and effective drugs to market.  There are ways to fast track things and they're certainly being used on C19 related tests, treatments, and vaccines.

As for the "smoking gun", maybe but not necessarily.  There's a L4 lab locally that had an issue with a chinese national recently.  The issue wasn't public... could have been boinking the help for all I know.  Anyway, the lab works on really nasty stuff mostly so they have a clue when bad stuff happens (eg. ebola).  Bad stuff (like mutations spreading faster) can and usually does happen naturally.  The chinese have the same reasons to understand the science as we do.

If and to the extent this stuff gets turned into weapons, it won't be in the Lancet or whatever.  The guy in the video certainly isn't in the loop.
    Actually he is. Dr. Boyle authored the Biological Weapons Anti-terrorism Act of 1989.

One of his many podcasts on C-19: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVtlknjTgXk

Then you compare hydroxychloroquine to tea leaves. Korea posted great success with chloroquine. Many virologists have talked up chloroquine. We are spending a great deal of money on finding even better solutions, there is financial incentive to talk down an old, affordable medicine. When a great deal of money is spent, politicians become quite flexible. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7F1cnWup9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPz5KxgI_K4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIymfznD7YA

• Marc Kurth
    As you have said, there are lots of experts in the field.
  • Graham Parkinson
    Graham Parkinson Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Ummm, re: The phrase "Gain of function" used in the video, quite the logical (?)  leap to interpret this as s smoking gun meaning the virus was designed as a weapon.  A calmer perspective may be that the researchers meant that it is "a gain of function for the virus" and thus a loss for us humans.

Offgrid in cloudy PNW

MacGyver'ed museum collection of panels, castoff batteries and generators - ready for state of art system install .... parade of surviving and dead generators: H650, Ryobi 900, Briggs and Scrap Iron 2000, H2200, H3000, Kubota 3500, Kubota 4500, Onan 7500

• softdown
    Two French and one Canadian (possibly French?) virologists. Easy to jump to conclusions and perhaps I misunderstood. I don't see any real proof in the video. Important enough to warrant significant investigation.

Interesting that Wuhan was chosen as the location for China's only Level 4 biolab. Wuhan's infamously filthy wet markets are the perfect breeding ground for virulent pathogens. In other words - the perfect cover for a bioweapon. 

Even the experts don't have any real idea what the probable outcome may be. Though we can guarantee that shutting down commerce will create an economic Armageddon - sooner rather than later. Pick your poison? 

Two of the worst traits of C-19:
    1) May take two weeks to manifest. Necessitates very long quarantine periods.
    2) More talk of re-infections is emerging. 

Could be the Perfect Storm. Completely demoralized people due to destroyed economy being hammered by a deadly virus that constantly mutates and re-infects. Or it may mostly disappear with warmer weather. 

People are hopeful of the perfect vaccine. Vaccines don't always work and they don't cure the sick. They are designed to prevent - not to cure. Plus they take a long to develop unless they also designed the pathogen they are working with. 

Apparently the FDA is trying to close Ft Dietrick's world leading bioweapons lab due to unsafe conditions. There are not a lot of Level 4 biolabs in the world. This video is laying the blame on a Level 3 biolab. The US has over 200 Level 3 and Level 4 biolabs: https://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/biolabs/  Ingsoc endearingly coins them "biosafety levels". Actually the higher the level the more dangerous the potential release is. Kind of like calling the Speed Limit the Safety Speed. With 85 mph being the highest "safety speed" of course.
  • softdown
    Probably takes multiple viewings for most of us to unwrap everything said in the video. China didn't steal the technology - they bought it. With full co-operation from Ft. Dietrick, UNC lab and Australian lab. Is is lab enhanced SARS with HIV/AIDS inserts. 

I would imagine a Wuhan lab worker got infected and didn't know it for two weeks. Spreading it to the population during the incubation period. Because nobody intentionally kills their fellow man. History proves that time and again. 

These biolabs need to be shut down. They will not admit it but they are actively working on the destruction of many higher life forms on earth. Especially humans of course.
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020 #16
    One word comes to mind , Paranoia.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • softdown
    Approx. six weeks ago a lot of people dismissed it all as a big nothing burger. There is still too much noise to draw firm conclusions. Hopefully it fades away with warmer weather. Then again, this could be the "Perfect Storm." We will know more in a month. That is for certain. 
  • softdown
    This gets more interesting than you knew: 

• Marc Kurth
    There is no doubt in my mind that this virus has been running through our society since Dec/Jan or earlier. Some very good Chinese minds were working to ID this virus Wuhan long before we were talking about it.
    Read up on a researcher named Shi Zhengli and her team.

• Dave Angelini
    Fauci will be on KFI today at 5pm or 5:30 in LA.    Stream KFI on Iheart.