February boating

Marc Kurth
Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
January provided us with a lot of good boating days, but February was pretty darned cold overall. Only got out 4 times this month including today. 28F at dawn yesterday then we had a high in the low '40s.

Today turned up sunny and warm. Then the wind died down to 2 mph and gas is running $1.97/gallon here - so I really had very little choice on what to do as sunset approached!  B)  More mid-'70s tomorrow and Sunday - but windy. I had to say goodbye to February today. I had my cell phone with me, so I grabbed a shot.

Marc
I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to get everyone to hate you ??
      :D
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020 #3
    140 year record here for no rain. Gas was $2.95 at costco and the merced river out of Yosemite is record low. 

Nice shot Marc! About all I can post is the nice lady at school below.

I deleted the pix on second thought and not wanting to derail Marc's nice thoughts. She was pretty though.....
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    While I applaud the courage of those who take this stand I don't think they are familiar with modern SWAT tactics. Massive 4am invasions replete with flash bang grenades, tear gas and thermal imaging that sees through walls - all done 40,000 times/year in the land of freedom and fairness. Quite sure that SWAT raids pay very well. Not to mention that government now shows common criminals how the big boys get her done. Civil asset forfeiture (theft by government without due process) is larger than criminality in the private sector. Approx. 990 civilians and over 10,000 dogs are killed each year. Shooting barking dogs now sits at epidemic proportions. If your dog fails to sit still and be quiet it is fair game to kill it - in the land of freedom and fairness. 

Both thefts are immensely unethical but one side made it legal for themselves. A simple matter of convenience. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    No worry about derailing, Dave! I was just sharing the joy of impending spring and the current business climate B)

softdown: Civil Forfeiture is a serious hot button issue with me. By far MOST people are totally unaware of just how badly this law is abused. On paper, it sounds like a reasonable and effective law enforcement tool. The abuses are now so prolific and egregious, that it has become an important and reliable income stream for some agencies. Sentator Ted Cruise from Texas is pushing a bill to totally restructure it.

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    140 year record here for no rain. Gas was $2.95 at costco and the merced river out of Yosemite is record low. 

Nice shot Marc! About all I can post is the nice lady at school below.

I deleted the pix on second thought and not wanting to derail Marc's nice thoughts. She was pretty though.....
    Shame - I finally found the perfect retort: 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries