Purchasing old solar panels

QHIINC
QHIINC Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭
Hello All, ...

I'm Christopher and I'm collecting old solar pabels.

I'm looking for an ARCO, Photowatt and a GE solar panels.

If you are selling any, call or text me at 909-609-5437 or email me direct at cmoss@qhiinc.com

Thanks everyone!

Christopher
Tagged:

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Christopher,

Just out of curiosity (I do not have any used panels available--Not in business), why do you want them? Are you trying to match/repair older installations?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • QHIINC
    Hi Bill, ...

I own a home Improvement company in Upland CA and in one of my offices (Commercial Division) I have hung new and old solar panels on the wall and I thought would be real cool to hang a few from the past.

I first start my renewable energy industry path back in 1993 when I started as an off-grid guru.

Its would provide a great conversation piece with a potential customer.

I like being unique if you will ... lol

Christopher 
  • QHIINC
    P.S. The Website is - https://qhiinc.com 

Just in case you wanted to see what we are up to. 😀👍
  • BB.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • QHIINC
    I'll take it ... just let me know what the total is and if you want a check, credit card, etc.

Thank you so much!

Christopher
  • BB.
    Christopher,

Just to be clear--I do not have any of these panels (and I am not in the solar business). These are pictures our members have posted over the last few years.

Take care,
    -Bill
  • QHIINC
    Oh ok
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    Roofing companies frequently remove old panels with new roof. They just want to get rid of them it seems.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • QHIINC
    Wow ... that's a bummer because they can still be used.
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats how Denver solar companies get free panels. I'm often amazed and chagrined by how wasteful people are. A humble person could scratch a living by "dumpster diving". Last year I scored two red steel 5 gallon fuel containers that were being tossed. Those things cost $45 and last for decades with decent treatment. But who likes looking at trash? I was walking the dog. 

Had a wealthy room mate who liked to toss my expensive triple chrome plated porcelain handled Mikasa silverware. He called me "petty" when I confronted him about it. Said they were "plastic". Shoot - sometimes I reuse plastic dinner ware. Though thriftiness can lead to excessive stuff - another problem in the eyes of most. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • QHIINC
    Agreed!

Let me know if you know anyone wanting to sell some old solar panels please.

Thank you!

christopher
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if you got my reply to your PM but I do have some old GE 150 watt 72 cell 24 volt panels for sale. I have some other older panels for sale as well, just not sure you would call them vintage. I can PM you photos if you want.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.