Schneider Combox on the discontinued product list.

Schneider is moving away from Combox to the Gateway. They are not going to devote alot of resources to it or the web application Insight.
Combox is on the bottom of this page and showed up very recently.
https://solar.schneider-electric.com/products/discontinued-products/

The Gateway, Insight2 and the mobile app are the direction Schneider is going. This is pretty new and I will update if I hear anything. If you recently bought a combox you will have warranty but I would say it is time to update, or be ready to if this is mission critical to you.
"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer.  Really a bummer to loose the graphing capability the Combox incorporates, AND it works without an internet connection,  I just had to upsize my cell phone hotspot plan from 10GB to 15GB.  Having a promiscuous device banging away all the time is just like leaving a 15w light on 24/7, sure it's only 15w , but after a week its 2,520 watt hours, enough to run a fridge for 2 days.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The self feeding progression of IT technology renders another device obsolete, six months ago I was advised to get a ComBox, which I did, now I'm  told it's on life support, so agreed it's a bummer.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Really it was the only decision for Schneider. They added the ability to troubleshoot a system for warranty which was almost impossible for combox. They added a new way to connect a remote power system system with wifi. They also moved forward with their new line on XWpro that can not operate with combox, now an over 10 year old design. A mobile app was added that works with most any smartphone. Alot more is coming also

I started writing about this in october 2018 and said then numerous times on the forum that the writing is on the wall for combox. You can still use combox and for most the insight1 is is still fine.

Mike, the Gateway uses no more power than combox in your application and it is too small to measure the difference in most who are going out to Insight 2  on the web.

Business decisions need to be made or they fold. There are other choices if you need to make them. Life goes on.

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike, the Gateway uses no more power than combox in your application and it is too small to measure the difference in most who are going out to Insight 2  on the web.

I have no way to get the web to the gateway.  I could set up a wifi relay to cover the 300', but I still have the Data Caps to live with. That's the bummer, when I can currently use a isolated router to provide all I need without the Cloud in the middle.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020 #6
    I have clients who use cradlepoint cell connections to gateway. They do not use the cloud Insight2 for remote control, but just control the system with gateway.

There have to be other ways Mike, Gateway does have station mode wifi. I really am not an IT person. There is no indication that combox is going away. Buy a spare.

Dr. A I Schneider will probably want to see you because you are so special. He will implant you and all you will have to do is close your eyes. ;) No post op visit required and you do not have to go to Burnaby Canada.