Raptor five wind turbine from MWANDS Missouri Wind and solar Co

Options
enzoccio
enzoccio Registered Users Posts: 2
I purchased two wind turbines from Missouri Wind and solar The two wind turbines called raptor five are nothing but junk they claim produces 2000 W of electricity it doesn’t even come close to produce 2000 W of electricity at even 45 miles an hour wind  The company also claims that they’re product are made in the USA which is also false all the boxes when opened  all say made in China.  I spent $2600 on 2 wind turbine which I was not happy with. I’m also reporting this company to BBB   

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you contacted the vendor with your concerns, they may refund ro preserve their reputation, it's hard to undo a complaint to BBB retrospectively.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How high above any obstructions (trees, buildings, etc) and how far away from same are the turbines?  Without "clean" airflow the turbines may not produce much, even in fairly strong winds.

I sail on a lake full of treed islands etc, and it's surprising how much the sails stall in the lee of turbulent air.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,440 admin
    Options
    One quick way to check is to "go fly a kite"... You fly the kite to find at what minimum altitude is required to get into "clean airflow".

You want the turbine in clean air to generate any reasonable amount of energy. In "turbulent air", there is almost no harvestable energy (no matter the turbine type/design).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020 #5
    Options
    During a quick glance at their site, I saw power output test data based on the turbine being mounted atop a 65' tower, clear of any obstructions. At that height, it appears that you should expect about 200 watts with an 18-20 mph wind.
    What is your mounting height, above any/all obstructions like buildings, trees or hills?
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.