Set up & configuring an Schneider Electric conext XW Pro 6848 inverter charger 120V/240V to operate

Options

A local solar contractor has installed the inverter &  remote controller & don't know how to set it up & configure it for my 120 volt system, He is not an expert when it comes to using a laptop computer. He was able to install all of the jumpers the same as the SW 6048 that he replaced. But now He needs someone to walk him through the laptop computer part of the configuration process!

HELP

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Is he willing to pay someone to do/help/train? Where located (on site vs telephone/video)?

Did he ever take Schneider's training/become certified?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Options
    in this day and age...to be a solar installer, you need computer skills

the instruction to convert a schneider 120/240 system to just a 120 system are in the addendum manual....it will tell you that you have to flash the new firmware before you hook up the ac side

and to flash the new firmware, you have to have the config tool or the combox....the combox is easier I have heard...then you have to run the config software that you install on your computer for the config tool or open the combox webpage which I have never seen

the instructions are in the manual...you have to read them

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t00ls said:

the instruction to convert a schneider 120/240 system to just a 120 system are in the addendum manual....it will tell you that you have to flash the new firmware before you hook up the ac side

and to flash the new firmware, you have to have the config tool or the combox....the combox is easier I have heard...then you have to run the config software that you install on your computer for the config tool or open the combox webpage which I have never seen

Are you sure about this statement?  Logic would point to the inverter being able to be configured for strictly 240V output, as the output transformer provides the split with a center tap neutral. This is merely a logical comment not bringing into question the possibility that converting to strictly 120V is possible or if  it can, or cannot be done through software.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It may or may not need firmware depending on revision. Probably not as most likely this is not a 3 phase application with 3 xw's @120vac each. One can need firmware if they mess this up though.  Long past getting support from Schneider as xw6048 has been on the discontinued product list for close to 10 years now.

A good question in any trade is always have you ever done this before?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Options
    mcgivor said:
    t00ls said:

Are you sure about this statement?  Logic would point to the inverter being able to be configured for strictly 240V output, as the output transformer provides the split with a center tap neutral. This is merely a logical comment not bringing into question the possibility that converting to strictly 120V is possible or if  it can, or cannot be done through software.
    at one time, when I was very poor.....I only had a 120v generator, ...on the XW system you cant run a 120v volt gen on a 120/240v system....it just wont work
    in that case you have to convert the XW system over to a 120 only system....and for that reason, you need to read the manual on how to do it or you can brick the system

the only way to fix a bricked system is to use the engineer software to re write the blocks
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t00ls said:
    at one time, when I was very poor.....I only had a 120v generator, ...on the XW system you cant run a 120v volt gen on a 120/240v system....it just wont work
    Not true.  You can use a autotransformer to step the generator voltage up to 240V.  Generally a 5kva transformer is enough, after 5kw, generators are often 240VAC
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,