Problem XW6848

Options
Let's see if my XW6848 can help me at the moment only the panel is turned off and of course if it is in operation the house turns off I measure voltage and it has 51.6, I measure in the batteries they have the same voltage when removing the covers the cards are turned on but the panel no. I turn off the breaker of 250 of the batteries and when I turn it on a while it turns on the panel and it works without problems until it returns and it happens only happens in the inverter the controllers remain lit to someone it has happened.any suggestions
thanks jose

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I could understand what you are saying.  

I understand ( I think I do ) when you have 51.6V on the batteries and you turn the breaker on, the xw6048 works , but then what happens that makes it not work ? 
     What is battery voltage when it's not working ?

What are the cards  ( when removing the covers the cards are turned on but the panel no )

What is the panel ( when removing the covers the cards are turned on but the panel no )

Any alarms or warning on the SCP or combox ?

Does it fail daytime when solar is charging the batteries at 56V ?

Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• corto
    corto Registered Users Posts: 4
    Options
    I wish I could understand what you are saying.  

I understand ( I think I do ) when you have 51.6V on the batteries and you turn the breaker on, the xw6048 works , but then what happens that makes it not work ? 
    He turns off  sporadically, I turn off the breaker, and then he works until it happens again

What is battery voltage when it's not working ?
    51.2 or 57 v when charging

What are the cards  ( when removing the covers the cards are turned on but the panel no )
    Cards inside see ligth on for example card for connection xambus and  where you put SCP and panel front the inverter

What is the panel ( when removing the covers the cards are turned on but the panel no )
    Front the inverter ligth ac and baterry porcent

Any alarms or warning on the SCP or combox ?
    Thats is the problem nothing

Does it fail daytime when solar is charging the batteries at 56V ?
    yes any time
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you in search mode? Do you hear the inverter in a quiet room when it is not working? Do you hear it pulsing on/off?

next if not in search,
    On SCP, select system settings, scroll down to view fault list Scroll Down to warning list. Are there any recent faults or warnings?

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• corto
    Options
    Hi thanks for you help

search mode is off no used
    When inverter off  is heard off 
    no any alarms
    when it turns off you can't see it in the scp you only see the MPPT 150 
    i measure voltage fluke multimeter power is 51 or above 
  • corto
    Options
    Look at these picture 
    Temperature cable is not connected i know it goes to the side 
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #7
    Options
    How old is xw6048? Sounds like it may be a warranty issue. Did it ever work correctly? 

You are saying that 120/240 vac goes out to the house when this happens correct?

Have you tried removing DC from the inverter for a few minutes? There needs to be zero volts on the red and black battery terminals in your picture. Solar must be zero volts.

If this was a working system and this is happening it could have been caused by lightning.
    You could also try restoring defaults in 6848+. Also make sure none of the advanced features got turned on by a nearby strike.

If you had a combox, gateway, or config tool you could try reinstalling firmware.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net