Ryden Dual Carbon

ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
Did this tech ever turn into a product or just crash out...

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Seems to have been transferred to this company:

http://www.pjpeye.tokyo/Product

Small bicycles and some small to medium size batteries... Appears to still be active, but moving slowly (forward?).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of different solidstate batteries coming on market or in things in the next few years. I think Dyson is suppose to be coming out with a car powered by one and John B. Goodenough, who  helped make major advances in the lithium battery technology. Has a paper under Peer review of his "glass battery". I read from a few people that it would have been laughed at if anyone else presented it. Much more energy dense than lithium, less costly to manufacture, 4-5X faster to recharge, rechargeable 23,000 times, and the real kicker...  It's capacity gets larger as it's used!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • ws9876
    ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    the glass  SST looks great if they can get it going. I am not an engineer but wondered many times about glass electrolyte. It just seems right.I hate to buy T 105s but Lithium is just way overppriced. Billions of taxpayer dollars given to places like MIT for the last 50 years
    and where is a product?? The lithiums from China are still too much with shipping.I think I saw 105s for 150$ ...now I cant find it..