Honda generator question

Options
Desert Rat
Desert Rat Solar Expert Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

A neighbor gave me a Honda EU2000i generator. In checking it out, I get 125 VAC with my voltmeter when connected to the HOT and NEUTRAL of the receptacle. But only 62.5 VAC when connected to HOT and GROUND. What gives?

Comments

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat Solar Expert Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, I realized that Neutral and Ground are not bonded in this generator. Did I answer my own question?

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

Yes

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Options

Mr Rat. Both of the cords on my two EU2000i’s broke within three days of each other last week. I replaced them with these Kevlar cords:

You need to take ALL of the covers off to replace. The second one only took an hour and a half...the first took a bit longer. Google’s your friend here :)

PS. Mel and I did the drive up to the top of the Christmas Mtn’s this morning...beautiful.

Best. PP.

Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries