Opinions / Reviews on the Victron MultiPlus 3000 Watt 24 Volt Inverter & 120 Amp Battery Charger

tr0y
tr0y Solar Expert Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
Seems like lots of these are showing up in the RV market. I am planning a 24V upgrade to my RV has anyone here gone this route ? Thanks 

Comments

• myocardia
    myocardia Solar Expert Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

Note that Victron is absolutely nowhere near a top of the line products company, the way that Outback, MidNite Solar, Magnum, Schneider, etc happen to be. They are nicer than most of their made-in-China competition, sure, but that really isn't saying a lot, to tell you the truth. As a matter of fact, Samlex makes a better product IMO, and their product is slightly cheaper: https://www.solar-electric.com/samlex-evo-2224-inverter-charger.html

DoD= depth of discharge= amount removed from that battery   SoC= state of charge= amount remaining in that battery
    So, 0% DoD= 100% SoC, 25% DoD= 75% SoC, 50% DoD= 50% SoC, 75% DoD= 25% SoC, 100% DoD= 0% SoC
    A/C= air conditioning AC= alternating current (what comes from the outlets in your home) DC= direct current (what batteries & solar panels use)
  • oil pan 4
    oil pan 4 Solar Expert Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to get to get the non RV samlex 2,000w pure sine wave inverter, with out batt charger.

Solar hybrid gasoline generator, 7kw gas, 180 watts of solar, Morningstar 15 amp MPPT, group 31 AGM, 900 watt kisae inverter.

Solar roof top GMC suburban, a normal 3/4 ton suburban with 180 watts of panels on the roof and 10 amp genasun MPPT, 2000w samlex pure sine wave inverter, 12v gast and ARB air compressors.

• MrM1
    MrM1 Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭
    Looked at the Amazon link for the reviews and saw the price. I paid less for my Schneider Conext SW 4024.
    REC TwinPeak 2 285W 3S-3P 2.6kW-STC / 1.9kW-NMOT Array / MN Solar Classic 150 / 2017 Conext SW 4024 Inverter latest firmware / OB PSX-240 Autotransfomer for load balancing / Trojan L16H-AC 435Ah bank 4S connected to Inverter with 7' of 4/0 cable / 24 volt system / Grid-Assist or Backup Solar Generator System Powering 3200Whs Daily / System went Online Oct 2017 / System, Pics and Discussion
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Victron is a very good product but probably not easily serviced here in NA. I have quite a few clients using them in Australia.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net