Solar pv battery matching

Options
mopei
mopei Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi guys am new here ,but i need some.of your help

I have 2x250w 36v max systwm power voltagea solar pannels.
I want to charge a euro deep cycle battery 200ah.
So is it capable for me to charge with a normal 30 amps charge controller to charge a 12v ,200ah euro deep cycle battery ?

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018 #2
    Options
    Welcome to the forum mopei

With the two panels the maximum current would exceed 30 A, 500 × 0.75 ÷,12 = 31.5A, this value will vary  depending on battery voltage and panel temperature, so just a rough guide. The type of controller would need to be a maximum power point tracking, or MPPT, to reduce the voltage to the needs of the battery around 11-16 volts, a 40-45A version would be better suited for the task.
    This link has some very useful information which may answer many questions https://www.solar-electric.com/learning-center you are however free to ask questions , many here are willing to provide guidance.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.