MicroSolar 24V 3000W (Peak 6000W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter [INV-3000PS] good?

Fabian
Fabian Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭
Can anyone tell me if this chinese inverter is a good buy.
MicroSolar 24V 3000W (Peak 6000W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter [INV-3000PS

I sent a seller some questions regarding it and i haven't got back a reply so i am posting the questions hoping to get some response.

The unit is rated up to 30v input.
I saw on amazon where a seller said this unit cuts out when the solar panel voltage regulator goes through its equalization mode (higher voltage) during cold ambient temperatures because it inaccurately calibrated on the high voltage side by the manufacturer.  So I want to know if is when it reaches 30v it cuts off or when it goes over that voltage? Or is it that because it is inaccurately calibrated the 30v max input with +/- maybe actually 29v or even less?

The next question is that a seller complained that whenever it goes into the low battery alarm stage and even thou the battery voltage might rise up back to the required level there is no output unless you turn it off and turn it on again. 

Is this issue cause from the fact that it is a momentary push button start inverter?

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabian said:

Can anyone tell me if this chinese inverter is a good buy.
    MicroSolar 24V 3000W (Peak 6000W) Pure Sine Wave Inverter [INV-3000PS

I sent a seller some questions regarding it and i haven't got back a reply so i am posting the questions hoping to get some response.

The unit is rated up to 30v input.
    I saw on amazon where a seller said this unit cuts out when the solar panel voltage regulator goes through its equalization mode (higher voltage) during cold ambient temperatures because it inaccurately calibrated on the high voltage side by the manufacturer.  So I want to know if is when it reaches 30v it cuts off or when it goes over that voltage? Or is it that because it is inaccurately calibrated the 30v max input with +/- maybe actually 29v or even less?

The next question is that a seller complained that whenever it goes into the low battery alarm stage and even thou the battery voltage might rise up back to the required level there is no output unless you turn it off and turn it on again. 

Is this issue cause from the fact that it is a momentary push button start inverter?
    Do yourself a favor and look at something a little better, 30v maximum is low for a 24V inverter, should be at least 32V, low voltage cutout should be auto reset, go with a name brand, Samlex or Cotek in the middle, they are good choices and they have a warranty which you at least have a chance of redeeming.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    The way a "typical" inverter manually resets from low battery voltage is you have to turn off the main breaker/DC input switch to the AC inverter.

Do you need that large of AC inverter? 3,000 Watts on a 24 volt battery bank requires some pretty heavy (and short cable) wiring. For a "full load":
    • 3,000 Watts * 1/0.85 AC inverter eff * 1/21.0 volts battery cutoff = 168 Amps max continuous
    That is some pretty serious current and draw from a battery bank. You are right on the edge of justifying a 48 VDC AC inverter.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • oil pan 4
    oil pan 4 Solar Expert Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017 #4
    Sounds like typically cheap Chinese made junk.
    I have a 12v samlex and it works great.

Solar hybrid gasoline generator, 7kw gas, 180 watts of solar, Morningstar 15 amp MPPT, group 31 AGM, 900 watt kisae inverter.

Solar roof top GMC suburban, a normal 3/4 ton suburban with 180 watts of panels on the roof and 10 amp genasun MPPT, 2000w samlex pure sine wave inverter, 12v gast and ARB air compressors.

• mathias
    mathias Registered Users Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Hi,
    I have no idea if this is good or bad stuff, but the comment like go for a Cotek, well... I had a 48v which cut at 60v, and now a 12v which cuts at 15v. So i guess a 24v will cut at 30v...
    As for the warranty...
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    You have to look at the specs closely. Samlex has two different product lines. One has higher DC input working voltage vs the other.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    mathias said:
    Hi,
    I have no idea if this is good or bad stuff, but the comment like go for a Cotek, well... I had a 48v which cut at 60v, and now a 12v which cuts at 15v. So i guess a 24v will cut at 30v...
    As for the warranty...
    The older Cotek models were 60V OVP, the newer ones are 62- 66V, depending on product line.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • mathias
    mathias Registered Users Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Ok, glad they did this change, so much for me !