XW6848 GridVoltageSupport is disabled after ComBox 03:05 Reboot?

I have just added a MPPT60 with 2.6KW panels to a XW+6848, Combox, SCP, BatMon, and 1060AH AGM bank.

I want to config for Enhanced Grid support - no sell - to use any PV excess for local loads.

Problem is the GVS Enable/Disable reverts to Disable after the Combox 03:05 AM reboot.  Any Ideas?

I have XW+: Grid Support Enable, 2 stage, NO Equalization, Grid Support V=64.0, Sell disable, MaxSell Amps=0, LoadShave Disable.

MPPT60 Eq disable, Charge Cycle 3 Stage, Recharge V=50.6, Absorb Time=30 min,

Custom batt settings same for MPPT60m and XW+: No Eq, Eq V=64.0, Bulk/Boost=57.6, Absorb V=57.6, FloatV=54.4.

System  will go to Grid support.  The XW+ hums, Inverter Status shows Grid Support, though with the Combox the Load AC Power is always about 100W below the Grid AC Power? 

Any Ideas?

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you are saving the setting to memory after configuring it (the memory commit button is the floppy disc icon)
    Schneider sells a lot of these and if there was a flaw of this magnitude, inform them.  They have pretty decent customer support, but sometimes it's 48 hours to get a reply from the right department.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    edited December 2016 #3
    GVS is not grid support your in the wrong menu!  Its called grid support.  Grid support does waste some power from the grid when its enabled,  the load and battery readings do not add up correctly also, as this is supposedly normal.
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • VHFKatnman
    VHFKatnman Registered Users Posts: 2

Thanks for the replies.

new2PV, you are correct.  I had things config'd OK in XW Device Settings: "Control" and "Grid Support" sections.  All with the Combox.

My question was with the section immediately below  "Grid Support", which is "Grid Voltage Support".

This  "Grid Voltage Support" section has one parm "GVS Enable/Disable", with two choices,  "Enable, and Disable".

I suspect this GVS parm is meaningless, as today, after the MPPT60 went to Float, the XW Inverter Status changed to "Grid Support", even though GVS was Disable.  I toggled GVS to Enable, and back to Disable with no effect.

Perhaps this is a stub of code in the Combox Menu for the XW settings, that does nothing in the XW?  Yet shows a status in the Combox, and when the Combox is rebooted, always defaults to Disable?  Just a WAG...

XW6848 is V02.03.00-0008     Combox is Ver03.01BN0746 Bootloader Version Ver01.03BN0118

Thanks,

KAT...

• new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    I really don;t know anything about GVS, schneider does not mention it in the manual even.
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array
  • DickyDck
    DickyDck Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Seems like I'm not the only one wondering about this! anyone ever figure it out?
  • DickyDck
    DickyDck Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭
    I have a suspicion on what this does, however I'll have to wait for an actual power outage event to test it... next one that happens I will reply here and let you know if my theory is correct. I am pretty sure there is a good reason it is disabled by default for grid-tie systems