4-100 watt panels 6-batteries moren 2-3 days

Options
waynekowalewski
waynekowalewski Registered Users Posts: 1
4-100 watt panels 6- batteries won't run 12 watts of LCD lighting for more than 2-3 days? How many amps should be produced by 4-100 watt panels?

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016 #2
    Options
    Explain what you your system is, include charge controller, inverter(if you are using one), wiring(thin wires can create problems), battery size. If you want to complain, at least let us help you understand the problem. I can't tell if you have 6 'D' cells or 4 - 100watt panels in a single string hooked up to a PWM charge controller, feeding 6 huge batteries that has been in standby so long they are toast.

Are the panels in direct sun? Where are you located so we can determine the amount of sun you receive on average each day.

The only question I can answer even leads to more questions. 4-100 watt panels can produce as little as 1 amp if they are thin film panels in a single string. or as much as 25 amps if 16 volt panels in ideal conditions. Though I suspect there are lower voltage higher amp panels.

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.