New forum software is live - report any errors, bugs, or issues here.

Comments

• Mountain Don
    Mountain Don Solar Expert Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015 #122
    Regarding the line spacing in my post.....

"What I see happening depends on whether or not I have visted the topic before or not.  

For a thread I have not visited clicking on the topic takes me to the first post.

With a thread I have visited before the same action takes me to the last place I have viewed.

Seems logical to me."

Those are my intentional double spacing.  I pressed "enter" twice after each line as I wanted a double space to help separate the points I was making. 
    There that time I pressed "enter" once.  Probably a personal idiosyncrasy, but I like spaces between my paragraphs and thoughts.

Northern NM, 624 watts PV, The Kid CC, GC-2 batteries @ 24 VDC, Outback VFX3524M
  • CDN_VT
    CDN_VT Solar Expert Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    I posted in Jan 2015 vBulletin updates  will kill the forum !!
    They killed two of mine & one of Im a MOD on .
    I caught the first one & then on the second forum I stopped the updates till we had a BACKUP READY !!

About Time , As Im also sure sales dropped also.

VT
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Clickable links in posts are not automatically highlighted so that they can be recognized as links.
    You do get a cursor change when you hover over it.
    I can see this being a hassle for Moderators on the lookout for spam links!
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    I just found this still in draft form...???

AHA! If affects only the thread where the gear is located, I think. And it may only appear for threads that are identified as "Announcements".

I had a sinking feeling when I quickly pushed my mouse button.... but nothing happened, or did it obliterate the post for a while...  it was on the Admins post for this topic, another puzzle of the ages....

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Yes, I have sent our Vanilla support person a bug report about Links that don't look like links a couple days ago. I hope they are working on it. I agree, it is a pain.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • BB.
    Just a note--If you copy and paste tables into the edit window... Rick (our Admin) found that you can select the table and drag it to make it larger--The default seems to not have enough space between table columns.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the browser spell check is working again,
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    did anybody figure out how to paste from a word doc. to the comment box yet?
  • rick
    rick Administrators Posts: 134 admin
    What's not working about it? When you select text from a word document, copy it, and then paste it into the editor, what happens?
    Website administrator for Northern Arizona Wind & Sun
  • Aguarancher
    edited September 2015 #131
    rick said:
    What's not working about it? When you select text from a word document, copy it, and then paste it into the editor, what happens?
    when I copy and then try to paste to the comment box, I get nothing Unless I'm replying with quotes to a post from another poster., then I can?
  • inetdog
    Switch to HTML view and see what happens there.
    Possibly you are copying some format information from the Word document and it is interfering with the browser action.
    Also it may make a difference what format you have selected for the Word document (Word native or HTML formatting.)
  • Aguarancher
    yep..works in html view. just an extra step involved to remember. thanks inetdog..
  • Mountain Don
     "Mark /All Read" option in the little gear symbol up in the upper corner with MY PROFILE options.  Is it possible to move it to the main page?
    See "Mark All Viewed" in main menu bar... at top of page

Northern NM, 624 watts PV, The Kid CC, GC-2 batteries @ 24 VDC, Outback VFX3524M
  • Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    Here's another site that I frequent...much clearer, quicker (and with a member list): 

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
    Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries
  • Mountain Don
     "Mark /All Read" option in the little gear symbol up in the upper corner with MY PROFILE options.  Is it possible to move it to the main page?

• Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    Here's another site that I frequent...much clearer, quicker (and with a member list): 

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
    Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries
  • BB.
    OK, I am getting to understand the Spam system here a bit better... Hopefully, over the next few days there will be less delayed postings.

Otherwise, the spam software is catching a fair amount of spammers (and the user flagging seems to work nicely too).

-Bill :)
  • inetdog

Just do not expect it to remove any items from the Recent Discussion view! It will just remover the "unread post" highlighting.
  • westbranch
    Does anyone know where the stickies went???  I was wanting the url for the voltage loss calculator that Solar Guppie posted

CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where the stickies went???  I was wanting the url for the voltage loss calculator that Solar Guppie posted
    I don't know about the stickies.  Type 'calculator guppy' into the forum search box and you will get lots of links to it.   --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • BB.
    Is this it?

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/60/voltage-drop-calculator#latest

And the stickies are still there--In this forum they are labeled "Announcements".

The above link was in this forum:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/categories/solar-information-links-sources-event-announcements

-Bill

• westbranch
    Bill, Yes, thanks.  I miss the feature that allowed us to restrict the search to specific users...
    VTmaps, thanks, did not know we could do a general search for users  :)

• westbranch
    I may be imagining this but it seems that |I go in read what I want of the RECENT  posts, go to Account Options, mark ALL READ, sign in 1/2 hr later and the some of the ones supposedly "MARKED READ"  are back in the list as unread

• inetdog
    I may be imagining this but it seems that |I go in read what I want of the RECENT  posts, go to Account Options, mark ALL READ, sign in 1/2 hr later and the some of the ones supposedly "MARKED READ"  are back in the list as unread
    Are you sure that no new posts were added to those threads in the 1/2 hour period?
  • westbranch
    there were some marked as new and these were scattered through the list.
    Others with no ''new'' designation but in dark grey.....not the lighter shade indicating they had read.
    Only the ones I actually opened were shaded light grey...??? seems a logic statement is not fully functional.. works sometimes and not others..

• westbranch
    Just had another new post with no "new" yellow tag

• BB.
    For me, a "NEW TOPIC" comes up as "gray" background--No NEW POSTS yellow tag... That is also true for posts in old topics (last posts more than ~2 weeks ago before migration to the new software).

Once I have opened a topic once before, then NEW XX posts comes up (I think that is the way it works) when there are new posts.

-Bill
  • rick
    rick Administrators Posts: 134 admin
    Just a quick update. I had my developer take a look at the Vanilla theme and he fixed the page numbering issue and the link text issue. Now when you're reading a discussion thread, the current page will be bold and in a darker color. Link text now shows up as the color blue. We're slowly getting everything fixed. Once all these minor issues are worked out, then we can start discussing which features everyone would like to see added to the forum.
    Website administrator for Northern Arizona Wind & Sun
  • BB.
    Much Nicer Rick!

Thank you,
    -Bill
  • Aguarancher
    Just noticed a glitch. Not of much concern, but on the post from Bill, above mine, if I'm signed in the date is the 29th, but if I'm signed out. it shows up as the 30th.
This discussion has been closed.