Hello everyone.

fix_it_guy
fix_it_guy Solar Expert Posts: 26
Hello everyone. I was refered here by another forum that was full of negativity. I hope I will be happier here and that the peolpe here will be more helpfull. I look forward to learning as well as sharing some of my knowledge with you all.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Hello everyone.

Welcome to the forum.

I bet some of the other members know exactly which site you're referring to. :roll:

The only thing negative around here is Voltage in reference to a common neutral or reverse polarity.
    Okay, we'll take that joke back to the workshop, hammer on it some more, and see if we can get it to work. :p
  • fix_it_guy

Thank you for the warm welcome... and a joke is very much appreciated right now.
  • bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭

>The only thing negative around here is Voltage in reference to a common neutral or reverse polarity.

I know! And in the posts here, people are talking negative like half the time.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet some of the other members know exactly which site you're referring to. :roll:

Welcome 'Solardave', lots of people here with real world grid tied and off grid experience, and so far, no Sun'gods'!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Photowhit wrote: »
    Welcome 'Solardave', lots of people here with real world grid tied and off grid experience, and so far, no Sun'gods'!

hehe maybe a few son of gawds however.

Welcome the other solardave!
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    >The only thing negative around here is Voltage in reference to a common neutral or reverse polarity.

I know! And in the posts here, people are talking negative like half the time.
    Actually, it comes in cycles.....
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

welcome dave,
    the guys are having a bit of fun as you can see, but there's plenty of reading here and if you don't see something you have a question on, then ask and we try to do our best to give an answer.
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

You might get a charge out of reading these threads!

Welcome,,, you might consider changing your forum name, since we already have solar_dave as a frequent poster.

Tony
  • Dill
    Dill Solar Expert Posts: 170 ✭✭

welcome to the forum. I don't think you'll have any issue getting polite yet informative answers here!
  • fix_it_guy

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I didn't know you already had a solar_dave, maybe I will change my user name.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

It is not a problem, with all the "Bills" "Vics" and "Daves"--We will be fine.

If you do want another user name, I think you will need to PM "Niel" or myself "BB." (yes, with period at the end), and we can change it for you.

Take care,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • 2manytoyz
    2manytoyz Solar Expert Posts: 373 ✭✭✭

Yea, been to the "other place". Arrogant individual. Now that forum is eat up with SPAM. Life has a funny way of coming full circle.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    2manytoyz wrote: »
    Yea, been to the "other place". Arrogant individual. Now that forum is eat up with SPAM. Life has a funny way of coming full circle.
    I thought I knew what the "other place" was, but now I'm not sure.
  • fix_it_guy

Thanks again guys, I've been enjoying all of the jokes. I asked Bill in a PM to change my name to fix_it_guy
    That's what my entire family calls me because they all know who to go to when they need something fixed. I've been in maintenance my whole life so there isn't much I haven't worked on. I actually have a bit of a fix it fetish. Lol
  • BB.

Mr. fix_it_guy it is. :D

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • 2manytoyz
    2manytoyz Solar Expert Posts: 373 ✭✭✭
    ggunn wrote: »
    I thought I knew what the "other place" was, but now I'm not sure.

Looks like the SPAM won: http://www.solarpowerforum.net/forumVB/index.php

Now sunking is without a kingdom...
  • fix_it_guy

I wish I would have found this forum first. Lol
  • BB.

Let us not go too far down the "other forum" road and, instead, appreciate what we have here through everyone's hard work and NAWS's support.

-Bill
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome,,,

Tony
  • BB.

Hi Nikkoo and welcome to the forum.

Guessing you are from Argentina?

We have had a few folks from down there in the last few years.

Is there anything you are interested in talking about?

-Bill