Midnite Classic price reduction

Vic
Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
Just noticed that at the N AZ Wind & Sun store, the Classic line of CCs seem to have become quite a lot less expensive, unless my brain has become fully dead:

http://www.solar-electric.com/misoclchco.html

EDIT: OH, and also noticed that the MNGP -- a display, control panel for an additional location is also less expensive .. cool!

Difficult to buy anything else IMHO. Vic
Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Midnite Classic price reduction

indeed, i think you are right on them being lower. i am in total agreement with you that they are on the mark with their products. they are improving things all of the time, but reducing prices is the best improvement for a solar consumer.:cool::D:D:D
  • SolaRevolution
    SolaRevolution Solar Expert Posts: 410 ✭✭

Woo-Hoo!

I hate the look I get from clients when I suggest a part they don't fully understand which costs $1k.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Woo-Hoo!

I hate the look I get from clients when I suggest a part they don't fully understand which costs $1k.

i'm not sure how your sarcasm was meant. can you elaborate please?
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Vic wrote: »
    Just noticed that at the N AZ Wind & Sun store, the Classic line of CCs seem to have become quite a lot less expensive, unless my brain has become fully dead:

http://www.solar-electric.com/misoclchco.html

EDIT: OH, and also noticed that the MNGP -- a display, control panel for an additional location is also less expensive .. cool!

Difficult to buy anything else IMHO. Vic

Yup, forgot to make a post about that. Because of the quantities we buy from Midnite, we got us a better deal for a while, so a lot of the Midnite stuff has had a price drop for at least a few weeks. Pretty much all the Midnite stuff is a few percent cheaper, and the controllers are on special til around Spring.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi WindSun,

Thanks for the detail, and the lower prices. This a great Forun, THANKS, and Like to do business with the WindSuns store.

Thank You, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windsun wrote: »
    Yup, forgot to make a post about that. Because of the quantities we buy from Midnite, we got us a better deal for a while, so a lot of the Midnite stuff has had a price drop for at least a few weeks. Pretty much all the Midnite stuff is a few percent cheaper, and the controllers are on special til around Spring.

Thanks for the insite, I'll need 2 classic 150's early fall, maybe when I get the tax return...

...gotta get those panels out of that dark room...lol
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Robin Gudgel
    Robin Gudgel Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭

NAWS has done an excellent job with MidNite Solar products. Two things have changed.
    1. We have rewarded Naws with a bit better discount.
    2. We are now allowing our dealers to discount MidNite products to what ever level they like. In the past, we requested discounting to only 20% off list. This was a policy I initiated while president at OutBack. We noticed that other less sophisticated controllers were outselling the Classic. A little research showed us that ALL of our competitors no longer adhered to the 20% off rule. How could we compete with a controller that has a list price at the top end of the product spectrum while our competitors units are being discounted as much as 32% off retail. We are now allowing all dealers to price the Classic where they feel it needs to be to be competitive. I have not seen the prices that NAWS is publishing yet, but it sounds like they will be selling a lot more Classics in the future. It is to NAWS credit that they pointed out our competitive disadvantage at MidNite. We are pretty good engineers, but we haven't paid a lot of attention to sales and marketing.
    Thanks Naws!
    Robin Gudgel
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

> 1. We have rewarded Naws with a bit better discount.

Hot dog ! That's on my shopping list when I get my next batch of panels online.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    ...We are pretty good engineers, but we haven't paid a lot of attention to sales and marketing.
    Thanks Naws!
    Robin Gudgel
    It's your job to make neat things, it is our job to sell them :D
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

And it's our job to buy buy them, from repudiable suppliers and manufacturers. Thanks Robin and Windsun!

Tony
  • TnAndy
    TnAndy Solar Expert Posts: 249 ✭✭

I haven't studied the Midnite controller, but have a question.....do they interface with Outback stuff via the Hub and Mate ? Just curious......thanks in advance.